Woman says Rep. Conyers groped her wh...

Woman says Rep. Conyers groped her while they were in church

There are 37 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Monday Dec 4, titled Woman says Rep. Conyers groped her while they were in church. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

When sexual-misconduct allegations surface in t... . The Rev. Wendell Anthony, president of the Detroit Branch of the NAACP speaks at a rally in Detroit, Monday, Dec. 4, 2017.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Tuesday Dec 5
Ian Conyers told the newspaper that his great-uncle - the longest-serving current U.S. House member - "is not resigning. He is going to retire." Ian Conyers said he plans to run for John Conyers' seat in Washington, D.C.

It's nice that, even after all sexual harassment charges, Washington Royalty like Conyers' can still pass their power on to their family.
Grope A Dope Conyers

Bronx, NY

#2 Tuesday Dec 5
In Church? Holy gropes!!!
Stephen D Clark

Salem, MA

#3 Tuesday Dec 5
What is wrong with you people? This is a democrat, and he does such good work!
Immoral conduct is reserved for republicans only, stupid people!
Stephen D Clark

Salem, MA

#4 Tuesday Dec 5
Oh ya, and he's black, so that makes you racist as well!
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#5 Tuesday Dec 5
In church too!! Was he is his underwear? Or was that just for the office?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Tuesday Dec 5
SANCTUARY!
Back Seat Driver

Beverly, MA

#7 Tuesday Dec 5
RustyS wrote:
Ian Conyers told the newspaper that his great-uncle - the longest-serving current U.S. House member - "is not resigning. He is going to retire." Ian Conyers said he plans to run for John Conyers' seat in Washington, D.C.

It's nice that, even after all sexual harassment charges, Washington Royalty like Conyers' can still pass their power on to their family.
Maybe that was what Trump had in mind for his family.

Birds of a feather...
Bobites

Allentown, PA

#8 Tuesday Dec 5
Sounds like this is becoming the NEW normal in Politics and Hollywood!
John McQuan

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Tuesday Dec 5
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
SANCTUARY!
dat's a good one Woof;-000

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Tuesday Dec 5
Bobites wrote:
Sounds like this is becoming the NEW normal in Politics and Hollywood!
Actually it's been that way virtually forever. For victims finally having the courage to bring it to the light of day, we can thank Donald Trump and Roy Moore.

And it's not just in politics and Hollywood. It's in some religions, in the worlds of music, sports, corporations, etc.
Cordwainer Trout

Brooks, KY

#11 Tuesday Dec 5
Most of these women are conveniently forgetting their own invitational behaviors. This whole uproar was started by activists intent on using the hoopla as a means of garnering political power. These are the same witches, who proudly wore pink puss hats and praised the Women's March leadership of freaks supporting female genital mutilation. They are bipolar. On the one hand, they support "sexual liberation" and killing scores of millions of human beings young and old for convenience... on the other, they want to fake this sudden morality play. It's all about continuing their overcompensation of forcing themselves into neutered states of sexuality by placing males in more and more submissiveness. The benign ridiculousness of some of the claims proves this.

“Stop your whining cupcake”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#12 Tuesday Dec 5
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it's been that way virtually forever. For victims finally having the courage to bring it to the light of day, we can thank Donald Trump and Roy Moore.

And it's not just in politics and Hollywood. It's in some religions, in the worlds of music, sports, corporations, etc.
I agree with you. All these hyped up politicians have always been running their hands up the ladies skirts. It's the same as the long-lived child abuse that has occurred in religious institutions. People had to start coming forward and complaining and others had to start listening to them.

“Stop your whining cupcake”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#13 Tuesday Dec 5
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Most of these women are conveniently forgetting their own invitational behaviors. This whole uproar was started by activists intent on using the hoopla as a means of garnering political power. These are the same witches, who proudly wore pink puss hats and praised the Women's March leadership of freaks supporting female genital mutilation. They are bipolar. On the one hand, they support "sexual liberation" and killing scores of millions of human beings young and old for convenience... on the other, they want to fake this sudden morality play. It's all about continuing their overcompensation of forcing themselves into neutered states of sexuality by placing males in more and more submissiveness. The benign ridiculousness of some of the claims proves this.
A woman should be free to behave as she legally is able to within the norms of society. The problem is one of wisdom and applied intelligence. A biker bar may have the norms to allow a woman to enter wearing a bikini, but is she wise to do that? She has the right to have or not have sex with whom she chooses and doesn't deserve to be raped, but only a fool would stick a blood covered hand into the jaws of a lion with the expectation that it wouldn't get bitten. However, does this relieve the guilt of the rapist within the scope of the law? If the woman were to sue, then she would share some culpability, but it shouldn't change the outcome of a criminal trial. That in essence says that men can't control themselves. Do you believe that to be true? Do you think a young, inexperience sub-adult female has the ability and wisdom to recognize when they are sticking their hands into a lions jaws? Some of these women in the national spotlight were underage when they claim they were assaulted. Do you think that men that would commit acts against women don't look for that kind of weakness?
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Tuesday Dec 5
Stephen D Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you people? This is a democrat, and he does such good work!
Immoral conduct is reserved for republicans only, stupid people!
That mess, at least, got cleared up - they cleaned House.

But not the White House where those twelve (minimum) women have complaints against Ill Duce Trump. I'd mention Mullah Moore but it's after mall hours.
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Tuesday Dec 5
That Conyers mess...whatever the facts were, I meant.

“Stop your whining cupcake”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#16 Tuesday Dec 5
Dr Reker s Bellhop wrote:
<quoted text>

That mess, at least, got cleared up - they cleaned House.

But not the White House where those twelve (minimum) women have complaints against Ill Duce Trump. I'd mention Mullah Moore but it's after mall hours.
It is another sign of the division in this country. Both sides have the same problem, but one side seems to want to ignore it in their members while using it to attack the other party. I begin to wonder what atrocity Trump or some of the Republican leaders would have to commit before Trump's base consider it too disgusting to stand behind.

“Stop your whining cupcake”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#17 Tuesday Dec 5
Stephen D Clark wrote:
What is wrong with you people? This is a democrat, and he does such good work!
Immoral conduct is reserved for republicans only, stupid people!
Except that it isn't. I understand you are being satirical, but I see that attitude in reality on both sides. One side does seem to be more tolerant of it than the other, but there are exceptions to that as well. I'm just not sure where those exceptions lie with Trump's base. They seem tolerant of almost any crime or claim of crime.
Cordwainer Trout

Brooks, KY

#18 Tuesday Dec 5
Eagle_8 wrote:
<clpped>
That in essence says that men can't control themselves. Do you believe that to be true? Do you think a young, inexperience sub-adult female has the ability and wisdom to recognize when they are sticking their hands into a lions jaws? Some of these women in the national spotlight were underage when they claim they were assaulted. Do you think that men that would commit acts against women don't look for that kind of weakness?
Some of your questions beg assumptions. Thus, they are intellectually weak and don't consider the actual realities of human sexuality.

Sexual drive is a core instinct amongst humans, male and female. There are multitudes of reasons young women act out sexual instincts in efforts commingled with emotional desires to control males. The opposite is true for male sexual involvement with females. Sexuality is irrational. Sexual drives are extremely powerful, influenced by invitation, etc., even pheromones. Signals from both sexes can put irrepressible sexual urges into play. Various intellectual desires to be more powerful than sexual drive can be effective and why civilized societies have developed concepts of gentlemanly and lady-like behavior, even codes of conduct. The drives of the feminists for political power over the last fifty years has indeed used various questionable methods to exert dominance. Those methods need to be considered and modified in terms of reasonable morality set in history. As long as we have elements in society forcing the acceptance of extremely uncontrolled sexuality, even the promotion of uncontrolled sexuality (such as homosexuality and legalization of prostitution, etc.), we will have continued destruction of acceptable human behavior parameters. The problem is women killing babies. The problem is homosexuals preying on homeless youngsters. The problem is the modified, delusional thought structures imposed by "legalized" drugs. There are other problems. The point is societies are destroying themselves. An exceptionally strong, basic human instinct like sex has been the first element used by such extremist Leftist perverts like Kinsey to dismember a Christian society. It continues today and a bunch of complaining, commonly deluded, projecting and forgetful women marching to the tune of a couple of extremist, politically motivated man haters is self-destructive and further damaging to human culture. Women have total control over sexual interaction generally. If the woman allegedly "groped" by Conyers, e.g. had gotten up and moved to a different seat, she wouldn't have anything to apparently remember. It is likely another case of convenient memory and relativist morality suddenly exerting itself for some advantage, or attention.
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Tuesday Dec 5
Eagle_8 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is another sign of the division in this country. Both sides have the same problem, but one side seems to want to ignore it in their members while using it to attack the other party. I begin to wonder what atrocity Trump or some of the Republican leaders would have to commit before Trump's base consider it too disgusting to stand behind.
I would add that Democrats don't make it part of their brand to "family values"-wave their finger at (non assaultive) non procreative sex 25 hours each day.

“Stop your whining cupcake”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Tuesday Dec 5
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>

Some of your questions beg assumptions. Thus, they are intellectually weak and don't consider the actual realities of human sexuality.

Sexual drive is a core instinct amongst humans, male and female. There are multitudes of reasons young women act out sexual instincts in efforts commingled with emotional desires to control males. The opposite is true for male sexual involvement with females. Sexuality is irrational. Sexual drives are extremely powerful, influenced by invitation, etc., even pheromones. Signals from both sexes can put irrepressible sexual urges into play. Various intellectual desires to be more powerful than sexual drive can be effective and why civilized societies have developed concepts of gentlemanly and lady-like behavior, even codes of conduct. The drives of the feminists for political power over the last fifty years has indeed used various questionable methods to exert dominance. Those methods need to be considered and modified in terms of reasonable morality set in history. As long as we have elements in society forcing the acceptance of extremely uncontrolled sexuality, even the promotion of uncontrolled sexuality (such as homosexuality and legalization of prostitution, etc.), we will have continued destruction of acceptable human behavior parameters. The problem is women killing babies. The problem is homosexuals preying on homeless youngsters. The problem is the modified, delusional thought structures imposed by "legalized" drugs. There are other problems. The point is societies are destroying themselves. An exceptionally strong, basic human instinct like sex has been the first element used by such extremist Leftist perverts like Kinsey to dismember a Christian society. It continues today and a bunch of complaining, commonly deluded, projecting and forgetful women marching to the tune of a couple of extremist, politically motivated man haters is self-destructive and further damaging to human culture. Women have total control over sexual interaction generally. If the woman allegedly "groped" by Conyers, e.g. had gotten up and moved to a different seat, she wouldn't have anything to apparently remember. It is likely another case of convenient memory and relativist morality suddenly exerting itself for some advantage, or attention.
So lead with the insult that may or may not be true, but has the hoped impact of silencing my questions? What does beg assumptions mean?

Sexual behavior may be irrational, but sexuality exists to drive procreation. That isn't irrational. It is how sexual species sustain themselves.

It sounds like you are saying that we can't control our urges and therefore, we shouldn't be held accountable. Couldn't you extend this to murder? I was so mad, I just killed him or her. You understand. It was an urge.

Good Lord. You've meandered this around into an argument about abortion and gay rights. I'm surprised you haven't woven evolution and the Big Bang theory into this somehow.

If a woman is sexually assaulted, the answer is for her to ignore it and move to another location. Really? That's what you're going with? If Conyers sexually assaulted someone, her subsequent shift in geographical location doesn't erase the crime.

My example may have been extreme to illustrate a point, but many of these allegations being leveled today are about situations that were not sexual in nature. Men groping women in practical public locations, on camera or under conditions where sex was not a prominent feature of the situation. Your answer is that the women should ignore it and move on?

You've woven quite a tapestry. I had to read it twice to be sure I hadn't made a mistake the first time. You are reading way to much into this and your bias appears to be against females. I'm trying to make sure I'm not biased one way or the other except against people that have committed real crimes. Be they male or female.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bongo 47,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 322,312
News Americans pessimistic about Trump, country: AP-... 5 min Impeach the Creep 22
News Whites, not blacks, were the key to Doug Jones'... 5 min T-BOS 14
News School Segregation: The Evil of a Racist Nation 6 min KIP 34
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 1,659,636
News Rubio's defection threatens Senate GOP's margin... 6 min spocko 59
News FCC votes along party lines to end 'net neutral... 18 min Patriot AKA Bozo 44
News Democrats silent on whether Trump should resign... 1 hr spud 86
More from around the web