Thousands of pages of congressional t...

Thousands of pages of congressional testimony shed light on 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russians

There are 24 comments on the Anchorage Daily News story from Wednesday May 16, titled Thousands of pages of congressional testimony shed light on 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russians. In it, Anchorage Daily News reports that:

A music promoter who promised Donald Trump Jr. over email that a Russian lawyer would provide dirt about Hillary Clinton in June 2016 made the offer because he had been assured the Moscow attorney was "well connected" and had "damaging material," the promoter testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Rob Goldstone told the committee that his client, the Russian pop star and developer Emin Agalarov, had insisted he help set up the meeting between President Donald Trump's son and the lawyer during the campaign to pass along material on Clinton, overriding Goldstone's own warnings that the meeting would be a bad idea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Anchorage Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kilroy

Edison, NJ

#1 Wednesday May 16
You really do need a score care to keep up with the drama

or you can fall back on

see no evil

hear no evil

speak no evil

smell no evil

Financial filing in 2017 where Trump discloses payments to Stormy is revealed

Trump should have hired Rudy in the beginning that way he admits all this stuff and wait for it to blow over.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#2 Wednesday May 16
It is over. No one cares.
Trump is a joke

Coquitlam, Canada

#3 Wednesday May 16
"But the new information helps explain why Goldstone had written the candidate's son before the meeting that Veselnitskaya would bring "very high level and sensitive information" that was part of "Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump" – and why Trump Jr. responded, "if it is what you say, then I love it."

The excerpts also shed light on the anxiety that rippled through President Trump's orbit a year later, as news of the meeting became public and his aides and lawyers tried to manage the story.

The testimony also includes new details about Trump's long interest in building business ties to Russia and a relationship with President Vladimir Putin."

Good! It is about time we hear more about these meetings that a former senior Trump aide has described on the record as being "treasonous"!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Wednesday May 16
So, over 2,500 pages of testimony and not one single bit of evidence of collusion. We can't stop now, this is about getting something, anything at all, on Trump. We may find his world wide business dealings had him doing business with 'foreign' countries. This may take years, well into Trump's second term.
Kilroy

Edison, NJ

#5 Wednesday May 16
If he has a second term

This at the most means that Congress probably needs to get away from investigating anything because it is an institution that is to political. They see what they want to see based on politics.

They should just leave it to the professionals to investigate.
Spare Us All

Peabody, MA

#6 Wednesday May 16
RustyS wrote:
So, over 2,500 pages of testimony and not one single bit of evidence of collusion. We can't stop now, this is about getting something, anything at all, on Trump. We may find his world wide business dealings had him doing business with 'foreign' countries. This may take years, well into Trump's second term.
If Obama did it, you’d be flipping-out wanting him locked up.

In fact, you wanted Obama locked up just for being an educated man with manners.
gnnn

Montgomery, MN

#8 Wednesday May 16
Are there any honest Demorats?Doesnt look like it .John Brennan gets caught lying to Congress.Avenatti and Global Baristas faced a lien for unpaid federal taxes worth roughly $5 million, claiming taxes were withheld from workers’ paychecks but not paid to the government.The deepstate is on notice that their illegal activities are finally coming to light in the washington post and the new york post.Its not Nunes making things up.
gnnn

Montgomery, MN

#9 Wednesday May 16
Crossfire Hurricane the plot to frame Donald Trump.
ardith

Tampa, FL

#10 Thursday May 17
He frames himself every day, with his lies.

He is so guilty and it is money, money, money. Wait till assshold, Steve Munuchin ends up in prison too. Trump has been robbing us all, while he encourages his cabinet to steal from tax payers, also.
Cordwainer Trout

Owensboro, KY

#11 Thursday May 17
The hundreds of thousands of Russian immigrants should start worrying about these baseless Democrat enabled witch hunts and jingoism about any and all contacts with any Russian anywhere. Democrats and their attempts at an illegal coup just because Trump got elected are their own worst enemies.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#12 Thursday May 17
Kilroy wrote:
You really do need a score care to keep up with the drama

or you can fall back on

see no evil

hear no evil

speak no evil

smell no evil

Financial filing in 2017 where Trump discloses payments to Stormy is revealed

Trump should have hired Rudy in the beginning that way he admits all this stuff and wait for it to blow over.
What a hoot. Another document that shows there is not there there.

Giuliani says Mueller acknowledged he can't indict Trump.
Used to be a Democrat

Salem, MA

#14 Thursday May 17
So if there may be criminal activities about someone, and some else wants to tell you about it, would it not be your obligation to receive the information, and report it to authorities?
After all, she was running for president of the United States!

It didn’t matter, her criminal activity was well know by Americans, and she was never elected because of it, so I guess this is a non story.
Kilroy

Abilene, TX

#15 Thursday May 17
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>What a hoot. Another document that shows there is not there there.

Giuliani says Mueller acknowledged he can't indict Trump.
He can be impeached

Rudy make a good argument but ultimately it will be decided by the Supreme court if it gets that far

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Thursday May 17
gnnn wrote:
Crossfire Hurricane the plot to frame Donald Trump.
Whatever works.
gnnn

Montgomery, MN

#18 Thursday May 17
ardith wrote:
He frames himself every day, with his lies.

He is so guilty and it is money, money, money. Wait till assshold, Steve Munuchin ends up in prison too. Trump has been robbing us all, while he encourages his cabinet to steal from tax payers, also.
I feel for you Ardith because your party let you down.Obama wasnt the pleasant family man you believed he was.He was a dictator and a criminal as well as the Clintoons that let power go to their heads.The evidence is overwhelming.Sally Yates signed the first fisa warrant so theres no way Obama didnt know.I wouldnt doubt if Rosenstein recuses himself soon to try to save himself.Devin Nunes is an Amerian hero.
gnnn

Montgomery, MN

#19 Thursday May 17
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever works.
The problem for you is it didnt work.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Thursday May 17
Annie Oakly wrote:
It is over. No one cares.
Sure. No news here. Just the usual criminal activity.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#21 Thursday May 17
Democrats are so funny. They weren't impressed with tax reform, the new Supreme Court nominee, or actually getting extra money in their pocket every week. They are excited with getting back our people from North Korea without sending billions of dollars.
Say What

Dalton, GA

#22 Thursday May 17
Annie Oakly wrote:
Democrats are so funny. They weren't impressed with tax reform, the new Supreme Court nominee, or actually getting extra money in their pocket every week. They are excited with getting back our people from North Korea without sending billions of dollars.
You got 1 thing half right. All The others I say bless your heart.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#23 Friday May 18
Bless your heart, Say What. You represent the worst our beautiful South has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vladimir Putin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pompeo says US will fight Russian interference ... 2 hr anonymous 13
News Russian 'sabre-rattling' sees rising Royal Navy... 3 hr Used to be a Demo... 11
News IMF to help Ukraine with up to $18 billion bailout (Mar '14) Tue Creepin From Dark 92
News Finger pointed at Russians in alleged coup plot... (Nov '16) Tue Cassandra_ 1,900
News NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) May 21 Zeppelin 13,282
News Senator McCain says U.S. stands with Ukraine ag... (Jan '17) May 20 About time 173
News News 8 Mins Ago Cia's Haspel can tap undercover... May 19 gnnn 1