Elizabeth Warren: Racism stymies econ...

Elizabeth Warren: Racism stymies economic fairness for all Americans

There are 655 comments on the Boston.com story from Aug 29, 2017, titled Elizabeth Warren: Racism stymies economic fairness for all Americans. In it, Boston.com reports that:

Speaking at Martin Luther King's church on the anniversary of his most famous speech, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren warned that racism and racial tensions keep the United States from building a fairer economy that benefits all workers. "So long as we stay divided, this economy will continue to work for the thin slice at the top," Warren said, as the liberal icon and potential 2020 presidential candidate buttressed her usual economic arguments with social and religious overtones.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

First Prev
of 33
Next Last

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#1 Aug 29, 2017
Oh my, racism from a clown that received a free ride faking she was an Indian. If that isn't racism nothing is. She cheated real minorities out of an education so she could learn how to be a bigger crook in the Senate.

Judged:

27

14

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

el rey de los campesinos

Since: Aug 17

Location hidden

#2 Aug 29, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
Oh my, racism from a clown that received a free ride faking she was an Indian. If that isn't racism nothing is. She cheated real minorities out of an education so she could learn how to be a bigger crook in the Senate.
What BS. Why don't you address a real issue? As for who is an "Indian", good luck sorting that out. How much ancestry is required? How much culture? You know nothing about it, so shut up.

She is the last Senator to call a crook. EVERY Republican and most Democrats are thoroughly sold out to corporate money. Warren is at least standing up for the poor and abused people of the country. Her policies would make a far better country than the craphole we have now!

Judged:

15

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

What BS. Why don't you address a real issue? As for who is an "Indian", good luck sorting that out. How much ancestry is required? How much culture? You know nothing about it, so shut up.

She is the last Senator to call a crook. EVERY Republican and most Democrats are thoroughly sold out to corporate money. Warren is at least standing up for the poor and abused people of the country. Her policies would make a far better country than the craphole we have now!
Well would you look who went an registered. What a hoot you mouthy little whiners are. Since you have no clue about me or my life, your prattle has little value except to your wittle bwain.
American Independent

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Aug 29, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

What BS. Why don't you address a real issue? As for who is an "Indian", good luck sorting that out. How much ancestry is required? How much culture? You know nothing about it, so shut up.

She is the last Senator to call a crook. EVERY Republican and most Democrats are thoroughly sold out to corporate money. Warren is at least standing up for the poor and abused people of the country. Her policies would make a far better country than the craphole we have now!
No she is pretty much top of the list crook! She stole a free education and every bit of her livelihood that came from having that education from someone that had a right to it, using race as a means to do it, and showing NO remorse and NO ability to even apologize for it while living in her upscale life and pretending to care about those minorities for whom votes she wants to win, after using their race and their rights to get what they were entitled to for herself for free.
Elizabeth Warren is at the top of the crook list and deserves to have her name in bold raised letters on the list of liars and hypocrites!
Bully Stopper

Beverly, MA

#5 Aug 29, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Well would you look who went an registered. What a hoot you mouthy little whiners are. Since you have no clue about me or my life, your prattle has little value except to your wittle bwain.
Your hostile remarks reveal a lot about you.

When you cannot think of anything substantive, you resort to childish taunting about irrelevant things.

Elizabeth Warren is one of the few decent folks in Congress.

Deal with it.

el rey de los campesinos

Since: Aug 17

Location hidden

#6 Aug 29, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Well would you look who went an registered. What a hoot you mouthy little whiners are. Since you have no clue about me or my life, your prattle has little value except to your wittle bwain.
I responded to your post, not to your alleged "life".

You reveal yourself to be a rightwing racist, therefore subhuman treasonous scum.

In fact, my brain is huge. I can hardly find a hat to fit.

el rey de los campesinos

Since: Aug 17

Location hidden

#7 Aug 29, 2017
American Independent wrote:
<quoted text>

No she is pretty much top of the list crook! She stole a free education and every bit of her livelihood that came from having that education from someone that had a right to it, using race as a means to do it, and showing NO remorse and NO ability to even apologize for it while living in her upscale life and pretending to care about those minorities for whom votes she wants to win, after using their race and their rights to get what they were entitled to for herself for free.
Elizabeth Warren is at the top of the crook list and deserves to have her name in bold raised letters on the list of liars and hypocrites!
Oh sure. Any progressive is lambasted by you fascists. What's the matter, you can't stand seeing workers paid a decent wage? Can't handle alleviating college debts? Can't stand women with rights? Then of course you'd hate Warren.

You filthy worthless traitor.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

New York, NY

#8 Aug 29, 2017
Good point! And your party is at the center of it. Don't think that a large portion of the population doesn't see you as just another high priestess of political correctness.

I've said it before..... Someone among the liberals needs to be an adult and tell the victim weenies that they're over the top.....and that won't be Elizabeth Warren, will it?

It's a very simple.litmus test to me. I figure that this won't get anywhere without one so on we go!

1. Shut down ALL marriage entitlements. ALL of them!. EVERY...SINGLE....ONE! Create a simple tax break for 2 proven dependents, and not a single dependent more. Eliminate the tax break for filing taxes separately or inheritance breaks through marriage. It would be far easier to eliminate filing separately though.

That should effectively absolve the party of their hideous anti-male stain.

2. End all social engineering laws currently on the books. Make it mandatory to impose 10 year limits on any future laws that have a social engineering goal. Future laws should have specific stated goals and cannot be renewed unless those goals have been measurably achieved. If the improvement has reached a point of diminishing returns, then the entirety of such programs needs to be scrapped in favor of a new strategy.

That should be a short enough duration to see to it that career politicians don't just play Robin Hood with the budget.

3. Get serious about creating jobs for the middle class. Your party has nothing without that. Accept it. Your snooty class warfare ends and it ends with YOU demonstrating humility for your actions of the last 8 years. That humility will be demonstrated by hard work. It doesn't matter if the plebeians don't reciprocate. They have no reason to think they will get to keep the rewards for their labor. YOU have to earn that trust again.

I don't feel like explaining this.. Wanna argue about it?
Bully Stopper

Beverly, MA

#9 Aug 29, 2017
anonymous wrote:
Good point! And your party is at the center of it. Don't think that a large portion of the population doesn't see you as just another high priestess of political correctness.

I've said it before..... Someone among the liberals needs to be an adult and tell the victim weenies that they're over the top.....and that won't be Elizabeth Warren, will it?

It's a very simple.litmus test to me. I figure that this won't get anywhere without one so on we go!

1. Shut down ALL marriage entitlements. ALL of them!. EVERY...SINGLE....ONE! Create a simple tax break for 2 proven dependents, and not a single dependent more. Eliminate the tax break for filing taxes separately or inheritance breaks through marriage. It would be far easier to eliminate filing separately though.

That should effectively absolve the party of their hideous anti-male stain.

2. End all social engineering laws currently on the books. Make it mandatory to impose 10 year limits on any future laws that have a social engineering goal. Future laws should have specific stated goals and cannot be renewed unless those goals have been measurably achieved. If the improvement has reached a point of diminishing returns, then the entirety of such programs needs to be scrapped in favor of a new strategy.

That should be a short enough duration to see to it that career politicians don't just play Robin Hood with the budget.

3. Get serious about creating jobs for the middle class. Your party has nothing without that. Accept it. Your snooty class warfare ends and it ends with YOU demonstrating humility for your actions of the last 8 years. That humility will be demonstrated by hard work. It doesn't matter if the plebeians don't reciprocate. They have no reason to think they will get to keep the rewards for their labor. YOU have to earn that trust again.

I don't feel like explaining this.. Wanna argue about it?
Bottom line, Trump isn't serious about anything.

He is a child doing an adult's job.

So whine and blame "liberals" all you like, but they are outnumbered.

So any frustration you are feeling is a direct result of you voting for Trump.
youll shoot your eye out

Bloomingdale, IN

#10 Aug 29, 2017
lee rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

I responded to your post, not to your alleged "life".

You reveal yourself to be a rightwing racist, therefore subhuman treasonous scum.

In fact, my brain is huge. I can hardly find a hat to fit.
Is your brain pressing against your skull?
anonymous

New York, NY

#11 Aug 29, 2017
Bully Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>

Bottom line, Trump isn't serious about anything.

He is a child doing an adult's job.

So whine and blame "liberals" all you like, but they are outnumbered.

So any frustration you are feeling is a direct result of you voting for Trump.
Yes. That is your party line. Every irresponsible act of liberals is because we voted for Trump.

So, how has that "cart before the horse" ideology been working for you gals? Don't get quite the same kind of satisfaction from "IT'S THE 14th AMENDMENT!!!!" these days, do you?

You know, I still think of myself as an ideological liberal...but one does need to run a government as one would run a business. You have to stay solvent. I kind of think of the Democratic party as being in Chapter 11 bankruptcy right now. You have a window of opportunity to get it right, but if you cannot see the problem, then my preferred solution will do as well.

Replace the Democratic party. They just won't dump their "loyal" criminal element. I don't know if it's fear of the mafia, fear of their wives or fear of their tiny widdle scandals, but they just can't do the job. Ol' Elizabeth talks a lot but she won't SAY anything. Probably, she doesn't KNOW anything so it doesn't matter much anyway.
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#12 Aug 29, 2017
"fairer economy" a la Venezuela. There are tens of millions of pets in the USA, at least we will have something to eat for a while. I agree with Warren we have racism here but one that discriminates whites. She became a professor at Harvard because she falsely claimed Indian ancestry.
American Independent

Coffeyville, KS

#13 Aug 29, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh sure. Any progressive is lambasted by you fascists. What's the matter, you can't stand seeing workers paid a decent wage? Can't handle alleviating college debts? Can't stand women with rights? Then of course you'd hate Warren.

You filthy worthless traitor.
First off I am a women and can't think of any of us that don't have rights, what women are you even talking about? I have no problem with being paid a living wage, I also have no problem earning it! I do have a problem with people that have made NO attempt to improve their worth by getting a better education or learning a new trade and becoming valuable as an employee getting paid a high wage for their job simply because other people make better money doing a better job and things should just be fair and equal for all no matter how much more another person has done then you, somehow you think they should be paid the same. What ignorance is that? If I can be replaced and have my replacement trained for my job in 10 minutes and even the place I work advertises now that they are a "first job" employer then I hardly think I would be worth getting a raise from minimum wage to $15 an hour, just because it's better money and some dumbass people seem to think that flipping burgers in a fast food joint is somehow suppose to be a good enough job to raise your family on. And I have no problem getting rid of college debt if I am the one that owes it, I believe I should work to pay it off, it's my choice and my education. Why should anyone else pay for it but me? I do however have a big problem paying for someone else to get a college degree and have the education that will allow them to get a better job and make more money why should the burger flippers pay for their advantage? Why do you hate the poor so much that you think they should pay for someone else to get a higher education and better job opportunity? Life is a series of choices and one should pay and deal with the consequences of their own decisions, not everyone else's. You make the choice to get a higher education then you should be willing to pay for it, that's how it works. If I choose to get a new cell phone because I want the latest greatest gadget then why should you pay for it? What do you get out of it?
I have a problem with socialist and their way of taking from the people that earn their way and giving to those that made the choices not to do anything different then live in poverty because it's free and requires nothing of them. True poverty has been perverted and now is ignored and those in it left to live in hell because the lazy decided they wanted free stuff and did not want a hand up but a hand out. Those living in true poverty should hate liberals for making a lifestyle out of the assistance they really need for survival.
If you flip burgers and are not making a living wage then you should be able to figure out pretty easy that you need to do something different or add another job to your schedule to make better money. Just walking a picket line or marching and holding up signs demanding better money isn't how you make a better living or make yourself more valuable to your employer and earn a better wage. Your wage is suppose to be earned....it's called a job for a reason.....not begged for or demanded by protesting other peoples success instead of recognizing your own failures!
youll shoot your eye out

Bloomingdale, IN

#14 Aug 29, 2017
Paul wrote:
"fairer economy" a la Venezuela. There are tens of millions of pets in the USA, at least we will have something to eat for a while. I agree with Warren we have racism here but one that discriminates whites. She became a professor at Harvard because she falsely claimed Indian ancestry.
It would seem that there are "groups" that would like to reduce us to Venezuela status, totally dependent upon government.
It has worked so well down there.
Sometimes I think the WORLD is on the brink of destruction, being played like a chess board.
anonymous

New York, NY

#15 Aug 29, 2017
American Independent wrote:
<quoted text>

First off I am a women and can't think of any of us that don't have rights, what women are you even talking about? I have no problem with being paid a living wage, I also have no problem earning it! I do have a problem with people that have made NO attempt to improve their worth by getting a better education or learning a new trade and becoming valuable as an employee getting paid a high wage for their job simply because other people make better money doing a better job and things should just be fair and equal for all no matter how much more another person has done then you, somehow you think they should be paid the same. What ignorance is that? If I can be replaced and have my replacement trained for my job in 10 minutes and even the place I work advertises now that they are a "first job" employer then I hardly think I would be worth getting a raise from minimum wage to $15 an hour, just because it's better money and some dumbass people seem to think that flipping burgers in a fast food joint is somehow suppose to be a good enough job to raise your family on. And I have no problem getting rid of college debt if I am the one that owes it, I believe I should work to pay it off, it's my choice and my education. Why should anyone else pay for it but me? I do however have a big problem paying for someone else to get a college degree and have the education that will allow them to get a better job and make more money why should the burger flippers pay for their advantage? Why do you hate the poor so much that you think they should pay for someone else to get a higher education and better job opportunity? Life is a series of choices and one should pay and deal with the consequences of their own decisions, not everyone else's. You make the choice to get a higher education then you should be willing to pay for it, that's how it works. If I choose to get a new cell phone because I want the latest greatest gadget then why should you pay for it? What do you get out of it?
I have a problem with socialist and their way of taking from the people that earn their way and giving to those that made the choices not to do anything different then live in poverty because it's free and requires nothing of them. True poverty has been perverted and now is ignored and those in it left to live in hell because the lazy decided they wanted free stuff and did not want a hand up but a hand out. Those living in true poverty should hate liberals for making a lifestyle out of the assistance they really need for survival.
If you flip burgers and are not making a living wage then you should be able to figure out pretty easy that you need to do something different or add another job to your schedule to make better money. Just walking a picket line or marching and holding up signs demanding better money isn't how you make a better living or make yourself more valuable to your employer and earn a better wage. Your wage is suppose to be earned....it's called a job for a reason.....not begged for or demanded by protesting other peoples success instead of recognizing your own failures!
Please support your local Paragraph Awareness Society.
American Independent

Coffeyville, KS

#16 Aug 29, 2017
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Please support your local Paragraph Awareness Society.
Aww sorry, all those words can seem overwhelming at first but just remember to take one word, one syllable at a time, you'll get there scooter! Practice with some shorter sentences at first like "see Spot run" and when you are reading you can try those books where Spot will start getting really adventurous and play with a ball and stuff!
anonymous

New York, NY

#17 Aug 29, 2017
American Independent wrote:
<quoted text>

Aww sorry, all those words can seem overwhelming at first but just remember to take one word, one syllable at a time, you'll get there scooter! Practice with some shorter sentences at first like "see Spot run" and when you are reading you can try those books where Spot will start getting really adventurous and play with a ball and stuff!
I'm just going to assume that this is the Cliff Notes version of your last diatribe.
Just So You Know

United States

#18 Aug 29, 2017
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes. That is your party line. Every irresponsible act of liberals is because we voted for Trump.

So, how has that "cart before the horse" ideology been working for you gals? Don't get quite the same kind of satisfaction from "IT'S THE 14th AMENDMENT!!!!" these days, do you?

You know, I still think of myself as an ideological liberal...but one does need to run a government as one would run a business. You have to stay solvent. I kind of think of the Democratic party as being in Chapter 11 bankruptcy right now. You have a window of opportunity to get it right, but if you cannot see the problem, then my preferred solution will do as well.

Replace the Democratic party. They just won't dump their "loyal" criminal element. I don't know if it's fear of the mafia, fear of their wives or fear of their tiny widdle scandals, but they just can't do the job. Ol' Elizabeth talks a lot but she won't SAY anything. Probably, she doesn't KNOW anything so it doesn't matter much anyway.
Elizabeth looks out for the working class.

Trump and the GOP look out for the millionaires and billionaires.
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#19 Aug 29, 2017
youll shoot your eye out wrote:
<quoted text>

It would seem that there are "groups" that would like to reduce us to Venezuela status, totally dependent upon government.
It has worked so well down there.
Sometimes I think the WORLD is on the brink of destruction, being played like a chess board.
We would not have this mess if people were not ignorant. It is not that we have the current example of a socialist catastrophe in Venezuela, we have also had decades of examples in the Soviet Union and its European satellites which collapsed around 1990 due to dysfunctional socialism, more recently in the European Union where debt accumulated by financing socialist programs nearly caused the collapse of the Union and of the world economy etc. People should also study the differences between capitalist West Germany and socialist East Germany, between South Korea and North Korea, where the genetically same people had and have very different results under different systems. Socialism does not work, yet among our ignorant people, socialist Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are the most popular politicians.
Just So You Know

United States

#20 Aug 29, 2017
Paul wrote:
"fairer economy" a la Venezuela. There are tens of millions of pets in the USA, at least we will have something to eat for a while. I agree with Warren we have racism here but one that discriminates whites. She became a professor at Harvard because she falsely claimed Indian ancestry.
Your skewed view of life does not represent the majority of folks in Raleigh, NC.

Raleigh, NC is a diverse city with a terrific University that produces agriculturalists, scientists, engineers, architects and teachers.

People come from around the world to go to NCSU and many make their homes there.

Paul, if you are feeling discriminated against, it may simply be that you are jealous of those who have graduated with advanced degrees and made a life for themselves in your area.

It isn't a crime for them to do that.

Go back to school and improve your outlook on life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unlikely challenger to Massachusetts GOP govern... Jun 13 Mitt s Polygamous... 6
2fdck hexen mdphp 4fphp research chemicals! Jun 9 weylan 1
News Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Jun 4 Primary cancer 91
Docket number SJC 12481 May 29 cil 1
News New North Berkshire School Union Has Three Fina... May 28 Uck u benoit 15
Thinking about relocating May 25 cil 2
News Trump knocks Romney strategist (Oct '15) May 21 A la Bama 4