a hate crime to eat at chick-fil-a

a hate crime to eat at chick-fil-a

Posted in the Kentucky Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Libs hate America

Crossville, TN

#1 Wednesday Jun 13
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Under intense pressure from their left-leaning constituents to do something about the dangerous, Christian-founded restaurant chain, Democrats in the House of Representatives unveiled legislation Tuesday that would make it a hate crime to eat at Chick-fil-A.

The CFAHATE Act Of 2018 would make it a hate crime punishable by federal law to dine at the restaurant or use its drive-thru, with extra punishments for people who post that they’re eating at the restaurant on their social media accounts. The legislation would also impose heftier penalties for anyone who patronizes the extremist hate group’s chicken sandwich establishments during Pride Month.

“We want people making fast-food dining choices to think carefully about a restaurant’s background,” House Minority Leader and bill co-sponsor Nancy Pelosi said in a video posted to her official YouTube account.“If a restaurant’s leadership is associated with Christian values in any way, frequenting their locations amounts to literal violence against minorities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community.”
It true

Crossville, TN

#2 Wednesday Jun 13
Twitter CEO Caves To Liberal Backlash, Says He Was Wrong To Eat Chick-Fil-A
The Daily Caller ^| June 10, 2018 | Peter Hasson

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Sunday expressed regret over eating at Chick-fil-A, because of the chicken company’s CEO’s personal views on gay marriage.

Dorsey tweeted a screenshot from his phone that showed a purchase he had made at Chick-fil-A using a mobile application. After a liberal backlash, however, Dorsey apologized for eating at the popular fast food restaurant.

At issue was Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy’s 2012 support for defining marriage as between a man and a woman, which he described as “the biblical definition of a family.”

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...
It true

Crossville, TN

#3 Wednesday Jun 13
New Yorker Magazine Decries Chick-fil-A's 'Creepy Pervasive Christian Traditionalism'
Christian Post ^| 04/16/2018 | Anugrah Kumar

An article in The New Yorker magazine scorns the popularity of Chick-fil-A, the fast food chicken chain with Christian values, in New York City, calling it "creepy pervasive Christian traditionalism." The author says its presence is "awash with cash, Christ, and evangelizing Cows."

"The brand's arrival here feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism," writes Dan Piepenbring, overlooking the fact that its first store opened four years ago.

The article seeks to "warn" New Yorkers that Chick-fil-A's corporate purpose "still begins with the words 'to glorify God,' and that proselytism thrums below the surface of the Fulton Street restaurant, which has the ersatz homespun ambiance of a megachurch."

"Its headquarters, in Atlanta, are adorned with Bible verses and a statue of Jesus washing a disciple's feet," the author continues. "Its C.E.O., Dan Cathy, has been accused of bigotry for using the company's charitable wing to fund anti-gay causes, including groups that oppose same-sex marriage."

These allegations surfaced around seven years ago.

Last year, Foursquare and Business Insider determined that Chick-fil-A was the No. 1 fast food chain in the nation. Even though the restaurant is closed on Sundays when most of its competitors are open, Chick-fil-A still manages to generate more revenue than its competitors, the Insider noted.

Many have speculated that the company's Christian values resonate with customers and helped it to become Americans' favorite fast-food chain.

"Those strong values resonate with a lot of people — and Chick-fil-A has a strong product, too, which doesn't hurt," Victor Fernandez, the executive director for insights at TDn2K's Black Box Intelligence unit which collects data about restaurant sales and performance, told The New York Times at the time.

Piepenbring writes that when the chain's first stand-alone New York location opened in 2015, "a throng of protesters appeared," and adds, "When a location opened in a Queens mall, in 2016, Mayor Bill de Blasio proposed a boycott. No such controversy greeted the opening of this newest outpost."

Proud of his claims in the article, the author tweeted, "I wrote about Chick-fil-A's presence in NYC: awash with cash, Christ, and evangelizing Cows."
Libs always wrong

Crossville, TN

#4 Wednesday Jun 13
If You Really Love LGBTQ People, You Just Can’t Keep Eating Chick-fil-A
The Huffington Post ^| June 12, 2018 | Noah Michelson

So you can imagine how upsetting it was for me when Chick-fil-A’s president, Dan Cathy, proudly came out as a homophobe in 2012 by claiming,“We are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say,‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”

Even worse, the company put its money where Cathy’s vile mouth was by donating millions of dollars each year to anti-LGBTQ organizations via its Winshape nonprofit organization.

As disappointed as I was to learn the chain I had loved as a child was working to make my life and the lives of my fellow queers a living hell, I was heartened by the swift response from the queer community and its supporters. For several years, the only time you’d catch an LGBTQ person or an ally at Chick-fil-A was for a protest.

And then ... something changed.

For some strange reason I still don’t fully understand, some queer people and their friends and families began eating at Chick-fil-A again and are still eating there.

If you care about queer people ― or you yourself are queer ― you have absolutely no business eating at Chick-fil-A. Ever. It’s really that straightforward.

(Excerpt) Read more at huffingtonpost.com ...

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#5 Wednesday Jun 13
Libs hate America wrote:
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Under intense pressure from their left-leaning constituents to do something about the dangerous, Christian-founded restaurant chain, Democrats in the House of Representatives unveiled legislation Tuesday that would make it a hate crime to eat at Chick-fil-A.

The CFAHATE Act Of 2018 would make it a hate crime punishable by federal law to dine at the restaurant or use its drive-thru, with extra punishments for people who post that they’re eating at the restaurant on their social media accounts. The legislation would also impose heftier penalties for anyone who patronizes the extremist hate group’s chicken sandwich establishments during Pride Month.

“We want people making fast-food dining choices to think carefully about a restaurant’s background,” House Minority Leader and bill co-sponsor Nancy Pelosi said in a video posted to her official YouTube account.“If a restaurant’s leadership is associated with Christian values in any way, frequenting their locations amounts to literal violence against minorities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community.”
What new RW lie is this? No such bill exists. Name the dem that introduced it liar. You claim Pelosi co-sponsored...you lie.
This like so much right wingers post is pure fantasy.
Get over hate

Crossville, TN

#6 Wednesday Jun 13
Libtard want this bill bad. New York city stop chick-fil-a for over 5 years from getting a store their.now they like it.
If you read the other stories you can see how much hate you libtard have for this business.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#7 Wednesday Jun 13
Get over hate wrote:
Libtard want this bill bad. New York city stop chick-fil-a for over 5 years from getting a store their.now they like it.
If you read the other stories you can see how much hate you libtard have for this business.
Yes, I can see people don't like chick-fil-a for morals reasons, morality is something you cant understand. But there is no was no such bill!!! You are a liar(.)
Eat up

Crossville, TN

#8 Wednesday Jun 13
They don't eat their because they only hate.they are chithead. If they don't want to eat there that fine but they have no right to stop other people from eating over their hate filled lies.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#9 Wednesday Jun 13
Eat up wrote:
They don't eat their because they only hate.they are chithead. If they don't want to eat there that fine but they have no right to stop other people from eating over their hate filled lies.
Dang, Truth. How many names do you post under?
Nobody is stopping you from eating your greasy chicken. But remember what all that grease does to you tender complexion boy.
It true

Crossville, TN

#10 Wednesday Jun 13
freelancehobo wrote:
<quoted text>

Dang, Truth. How many names do you post under?
Nobody is stopping you from eating your greasy chicken. But remember what all that grease does to you tender complexion boy.
The funny thing is I don't eat at chick-fil-a. I just hate crazy libturd and their lies about the place.
Yes you libtard stop people from eating their by passing laws to keep them out of libturd cities. Same with Walmart shitago and new your city keep them out.they just don't want poorer people to get lower price items.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#11 Thursday Jun 14
It true wrote:
<quoted text>

The funny thing is I don't eat at chick-fil-a. I just hate crazy libturd and their lies about the place.
Yes you libtard stop people from eating their by passing laws to keep them out of libturd cities. Same with Walmart shitago and new your city keep them out.they just don't want poorer people to get lower price items.
No one is passing laws against your greasy chicken! As usual you are promoting another Russian lie Traitor!

You like paying Walmart's employees for them? Wages so low without food stamps they would starve.

Its ok, Putin loves you and all the Trumpanzies.
It true

Crossville, TN

#12 Thursday Jun 14
I quests you missed the news were Walmart is now paying 10-11 now.
Over 6 million people are off food stamp because they make to much money.
No one is starving .
You just enjoy telling lies .that why you're sick.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#13 Thursday Jun 14
It true wrote:
I quests you missed the news were Walmart is now paying 10-11 now.
Over 6 million people are off food stamp because they make to much money.
No one is starving .
You just enjoy telling lies .that why you're sick.
So Walmart skips on taxes and uses the money to give workers a raise. We have to make up for the loss. That is still us paying for their employees. They just have their hands in a different pocket.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#14 Thursday Jun 14
Libs hate America wrote:
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Under intense pressure from their left-leaning constituents to do something about the dangerous, Christian-founded restaurant chain, Democrats in the House of Representatives unveiled legislation Tuesday that would make it a hate crime to eat at Chick-fil-A.

The CFAHATE Act Of 2018 would make it a hate crime punishable by federal law to dine at the restaurant or use its drive-thru, with extra punishments for people who post that they’re eating at the restaurant on their social media accounts. The legislation would also impose heftier penalties for anyone who patronizes the extremist hate group’s chicken sandwich establishments during Pride Month.

“We want people making fast-food dining choices to think carefully about a restaurant’s background,” House Minority Leader and bill co-sponsor Nancy Pelosi said in a video posted to her official YouTube account.“If a restaurant’s leadership is associated with Christian values in any way, frequenting their locations amounts to literal violence against minorities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community.”
You post lies! That makes you a liar under any name you chose to use!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chick-fil-a...

Why do you lie then call the truthsayers liars? What kind of a person are you?
Joseph P DeDominicis

United States

#15 Thursday Jun 14
That slop gets sold to school athletes. That‘s how they make a living. Crack that one.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#16 Friday Jun 15
It true wrote:
I quests you missed the news were Walmart is now paying 10-11 now.
Over 6 million people are off food stamp because they make to much money.
No one is starving .
You just enjoy telling lies .that why you're sick.
15 an hour is considered by many to be a living wage. With the inflation coming from Trump's leadership(?) We will be supplementing corporation's payrolls for some time.
No one is starving??? You are nearly right. But it is because of the 'food stamps' and food pantries that the death toll from starvation is very, very low approximately 100 a year give or take 20. Without food stamps who know how high it would be?
Bobby

Plain City, OH

#17 Friday Jun 15
The hoboturd would be a good name for this liar.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#18 Friday Jun 15
Bobby wrote:
The hoboturd would be a good name for this liar.
Call me what ever you like Booby. No FBI indicted yesterday and Manafort in jail tonight. Says it all!
Bobby

Plain City, OH

#19 Saturday Jun 16
freelancehobo wrote:
<quoted text>

Call me what ever you like Booby. No FBI indicted yesterday and Manafort in jail tonight. Says it all!
Hoboturd it just show how crooked the judge is and the FBI that says it all.most hobo steal I bet you do too.

Since: Mar 14

Lexington, KY

#20 Saturday Jun 16
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>

Hoboturd it just show how crooked the judge is and the FBI that says it all.most hobo steal I bet you do too.
O' Booby, you're so funny. Tell your Mom I'll be over tonight for the usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Lynette 180,232
Mueller plan to drop cases against russian 20 hr Russian agent 2
News Feds indict eight in Kentucky motorcycle chop s... (Aug '11) Sat roadkill 142
Only need a 30% score on test to graduate high ... Sat NYC teachers are ... 1
News Body identified as missing Hopkinsville, Ky man... Fri Trump 8
News Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) Fri Truth 626
Hundreds of FBI agents took bribes from fake ... Jun 21 Truth comes out 1