Government: Medicare will become inso...

Government: Medicare will become insolvent in 2026; Social Security in 2034

There are 24 comments on the Daily Chronicle story from Jun 5, 2018, titled Government: Medicare will become insolvent in 2026; Social Security in 2034. In it, Daily Chronicle reports that:

Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports scores, school closings, weather, and more. FILE - In this Jan. 11, 2013 file photo, the Social Security Administration's main campus is seen in Woodlawn, Md.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Jun 6, 2018
Obviously young people need to pay more taxes, far more taxes.
spud

Easton, PA

#2 Jun 6, 2018
If Democrats get their way with illegal immigration and amnesties, SS and Medicare will be lucky to last 10 years. Democrats are the working man and the retired mans worst friend.
Used to be a Democrat

Salem, MA

#3 Jun 6, 2018
With Obama spending more in 8 years, then every president combined did in 250 years, it may be impossible to fix.
This is why you should never, ever vote in a progressive socialist to be president.
It will take decades to undo all the harm Obama created.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#4 Jun 6, 2018
spud wrote:
If Democrats get their way with illegal immigration and amnesties, SS and Medicare will be lucky to last 10 years. Democrats are the working man and the retired mans worst friend.
LOL!!

The obvious answer here is to slash taxes on the nation elites and give the DoD another massive budget increase they didnít ask for.

Maybe a pittance of a temporarily tax cut to quiet the rubes in the middle/working class to seal the deal?

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#5 Jun 6, 2018
RustyS wrote:
Obviously young people need to pay more taxes, far more taxes.
Yes.

You want Bernie, you got it!

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#6 Jun 6, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL!!

The obvious answer here is to slash taxes on the nation elites and give the DoD another massive budget increase they didnít ask for.

Maybe a pittance of a temporarily tax cut to quiet the rubes in the middle/working class to seal the deal?
The tax cut has nothing to do with SS or Medicare.

Now if you really want to talk, how about raising the cap? Maybe raising the percent a bit. Better yet, let's go back and examine all the people claiming to be "disabled" and see how many REALLY are v. those gaming the system.
spud

Easton, PA

#10 Jun 6, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL!!

The obvious answer here is to slash taxes on the nation elites and give the DoD another massive budget increase they didnít ask for.

Maybe a pittance of a temporarily tax cut to quiet the rubes in the middle/working class to seal the deal?
The real answer is to fire everyone hired or appointed during the Obama years. That goes for every government agency. Obama leftovers serve no purpose other than to disrupt the orderly flow of government. That's why there would be no downside to not replacing the Obama defects. The resulting government would be smaller, less expensive and more efficient.
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 7, 2018
RustyS wrote:
Obviously young people need to pay more taxes, far more taxes.
That would work better if they had JOBS...not Walmart jobs and not "Minions for the God Emperor Hillary" jobs, REAL jobs.

More and more, I see young people getting fed up with trying to get real jobs in tech, so they are falling over into sales slop....because that is all our country does anymore.
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jun 7, 2018
spud wrote:
<quoted text>
The real answer is to fire everyone hired or appointed during the Obama years. That goes for every government agency. Obama leftovers serve no purpose other than to disrupt the orderly flow of government. That's why there would be no downside to not replacing the Obama defects. The resulting government would be smaller, less expensive and more efficient.
You're both making a valid point......but you won't give a job to a Black person in a million years, will you? There's no point in trying to explain the prejudices in you all...you all just need to be replaced.
Heidi

Freeport, NY

#13 Jun 7, 2018
The Government needs to put back the $700 million that was taken from the Social Security account.

The Social Security retirement program is the best program this country has ever had.

The people who are contributing their taxes to this program need to fight for it, along with everyone else.
davy

Colby, KS

#14 Jun 7, 2018
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

You're both making a valid point......but you won't give a job to a Black person in a million years, will you? There's no point in trying to explain the prejudices in you all...you all just need to be replaced.
DumbFuckistan needs to slide into the ocean and float away
Heidi

Freeport, NY

#15 Jun 7, 2018
I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I just read that Congress has borrowed 2.8 TRILLION from the Social Security money.

The answer is simple. PUT IT BACK, and stop lying. Liars will not enter heaven, scripture says. And after all, that makes perfect sense doesn't it?

That is, if there are any left that believe.
doctor smith

Jacksonville, AR

#16 Jun 7, 2018
GOP voters are mentally ill individuals.
takemyword4itfol ks

Jacksonville, AR

#17 Jun 7, 2018
I'm not a real doctor by the way...
OccupyThis

Lakeport, CA

#18 Jun 7, 2018
Most of the people will never see a dime of their Social Security payments.

America will be insolvent if it continues under progressive democrat rule.

The midterm elections are coming!

If you actually want a bright future for yourselves and your children, then don't vote for progressives - on the left or on the right.

The people are responsible for the government they get. Lay off the dope and start using your head for a change.

It's time to vote out the progressives in Washington. It's your funeral otherwise. They're not going to suddenly start doing their jobs right. It's you (the people - actual American citizens), or them... I'd go with the people. Anybody disagree?
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jun 7, 2018
davy wrote:
<quoted text>

DumbFuckistan needs to slide into the ocean and float away
I'm sure you're very passionate on the subject. I just don't think you are explaining what that subject is.
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jun 7, 2018
OccupyThis wrote:
Most of the people will never see a dime of their Social Security payments.

America will be insolvent if it continues under progressive democrat rule.

The midterm elections are coming!

If you actually want a bright future for yourselves and your children, then don't vote for progressives - on the left or on the right.

The people are responsible for the government they get. Lay off the dope and start using your head for a change.

It's time to vote out the progressives in Washington. It's your funeral otherwise. They're not going to suddenly start doing their jobs right. It's you (the people - actual American citizens), or them... I'd go with the people. Anybody disagree?
Why can't we all just get along?

Sounds good. Doesn't have any meat to it though.

Here's the real story. Your government is so wrapped up in patronage and nepotism that they WILL start a civil war to protect it. There is no deep state. There's anonymous stockholders, most of which aren't really bound to our country's future. All of those government employees do nothing but their bidding.

NOW....are you REALLY ready to get serious?
OccupyThis

Lakeport, CA

#21 Jun 7, 2018
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Why can't we all just get along?

Sounds good. Doesn't have any meat to it though.

Here's the real story. Your government is so wrapped up in patronage and nepotism that they WILL start a civil war to protect it. There is no deep state. There's anonymous stockholders, most of which aren't really bound to our country's future. All of those government employees do nothing but their bidding.

NOW....are you REALLY ready to get serious?
You don't know what you're talking about. I however, do.

There is no common ground with the progressives. One can't meet under one tent to negotiate our differences because the progressives want to burn down the tent.

And Obama's deep state is very real. I've seen examples of it first hand.

Again, there is no common ground. The progressives must be CRUSHED. THAT is the only way to save America.
Theatre

Peabody, MA

#22 Jun 8, 2018
RustyS wrote:
Obviously young people need to pay more taxes, far more taxes.
Glad you are prepared to work until you drop dead.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#23 Jun 8, 2018
OccupyThis wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't know what you're talking about. I however, do.

There is no common ground with the progressives. One can't meet under one tent to negotiate our differences because the progressives want to burn down the tent.

And Obama's deep state is very real. I've seen examples of it first hand.

Again, there is no common ground. The progressives must be CRUSHED. THAT is the only way to save America.
LOL!!

Liar.

Pompeo:'I donít believe there is a deep state at the State Departmentí
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Munroe takes position promoting renewables 7 hr Joe Jared 15
News Brett Kavanaugh built up credit card debt for b... Jul 14 think 11
News Enough is enough Jul 11 sick of it 1
News Republican leaders struggle to find votes to up... (Oct '15) Jul 9 Hush Limpballs 19
News Our immigration turmoil as seen in my ER: A phy... Jul 9 DrBillCfart 4
News Talk emerges that Hillary Clinton is plotting h... Jul 8 Walter Winchell 4
News Court confirmation process likely to follow Gor... Jul 6 mr gleeble 18