Massacre on the Ridge

Posted in the I Love Beans and Cornbread Forum

Only registered users can post in this forum thread.

First Prev
of 194
Next Last

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#1 Jun 22, 2016
This is a hidden thread for the purpose of discussing the murders while hopefully avoiding trolls, drama, conspiracies, bigotry, etc. Please do NOT publicly share a link to this thread.

I do not like to exclude people from the conversation, but we have all seen how out of control a thread can become. People who have opinions different from the majority should be included in the discussion. My only wish is that userss are respectful to each other and avoid arguing a single disagreement back and forth over a series of posts.

Thanks for your participation.

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#2 Jun 22, 2016
I am very new to owning/moderating a forum, so please be patient while I learn. I've been told that users are having difficulties replying/posting. If you encounter problems, please send a personal message.

The forum that contains this thread is set to require a user to be registered before they can post. I hope that doesn't cause any problems with user logins.

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#3 Jun 22, 2016
Scioto wrote:
I am very new to owning/moderating a forum, so please be patient while I learn. I've been told that users are having difficulties replying/posting. If you encounter problems, please send a personal message.

The forum that contains this thread is set to require a user to be registered before they can post. I hope that doesn't cause any problems with user logins.
This is a great idea! I have a few theories myself but have been reluctant to share them publicly. Personally, I do not feel that BJM or DS are actively involved. However, I do feel the family members know more than they are telling and I do not blame them at all.

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#4 Jun 22, 2016
I'm hoping that the video will be available soon of an update televised by WBNS 10TV in Columbus. In the segment Mike DeWine expressed optimism that the case will be solved. Sheriff Reader said that when the case is over people will be amazed at the level of effort from law enforcement. I'm of course paraphrasing, but I hope to post a link to the actual video.

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#5 Jun 22, 2016
WBNS 10TV - Columbus, Ohio

http://www.10tv.com/piketon

This page on their website contains links and summaries for the stories they have done concerning the murders. I expect that they will add future stories to this page including the update they aired tonight.

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#6 Jun 22, 2016
Scioto wrote:
I'm hoping that the video will be available soon of an update televised by WBNS 10TV in Columbus. In the segment Mike DeWine expressed optimism that the case will be solved. Sheriff Reader said that when the case is over people will be amazed at the level of effort from law enforcement. I'm of course paraphrasing, but I hope to post a link to the actual video.
"I think we're going to solve this case, but from the very beginning I said it's going to be a slow process,” DeWine said.“We know a lot more than when the investigation started.”

"When it's solved and we can speak to what these investigators and agents have done, it's unimaginable. It's a massive amount. No one will ever believe us,” Sheriff Reader said.

http://www.10tv.com/article/rhoden-family-mem...

Since: Jun 16

Location hidden

#7 Jun 22, 2016
Scioto wrote:
<quoted text>

"I think we're going to solve this case, but from the very beginning I said it's going to be a slow process,” DeWine said.“We know a lot more than when the investigation started.”

"When it's solved and we can speak to what these investigators and agents have done, it's unimaginable. It's a massive amount. No one will ever believe us,” Sheriff Reader said.

http://www.10tv.com/article/rhoden-family-mem...
Sometimes I can post and sometimes I can't. My tracker did not work this time, either. Maybe it's just me, Scioto

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#8 Jun 22, 2016
It looks like all of the craziness in the past few days on the local forums has driven away more users today.

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#9 Jun 22, 2016
Scioto wrote:
It looks like all of the craziness in the past few days on the local forums has driven away more users today.
I skimmed through the Theory thread and didn't stop to read certain posts. I am sure you know which ones. It looks as if Pike Local and possibly Poison Ivy have left. I also miss reading Real Ozarks posts. I don't know if they are still interested or just trying to stay out of the craziness.

Since: Jun 16

Location hidden

#10 Jun 22, 2016
Scioto wrote:
It looks like all of the craziness in the past few days on the local forums has driven away more users today.
Yes, no surprise at all, what with the nonstop drama and troll action. IMO, though, some must enjoy it because they keep feeding the trolls.

So, what was your take on the interview ? I watched it twice and want to believe the authorities have some confidence in where they are headed. But, who knows?

The family member broke my heart talking about the teenage boy killed. Just damn. And already, the wackadoodles are trying to identify her. What could they possibly gain from that knowledge?

I was sorry to see pike leave. No drama from that one. No "oh, dare I tell my big inside scoop, it's so scary here" BS.

Did you see the old thread today? Some drooling over comments on the news channel that aired the interviews. Something about "everyone" hated the victims. Everyone who had contact with them. I'm thinking that would be a damned lot of people, lol. Then, the same hater made a derogatory comment in regard to the blue run victims, also. Hello, can we say idiotic hater who's just stirring the poop?

People amaze me.

Since: Jun 16

Location hidden

#11 Jun 22, 2016
Another Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>I skimmed through the Theory thread and didn't stop to read certain posts. I am sure you know which ones. It looks as if Pike Local and possibly Poison Ivy have left. I also miss reading Real Ozarks posts. I don't know if they are still interested or just trying to stay out of the craziness.
I miss Isabellie, but I'm glad you're here :)

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#12 Jun 22, 2016
Goldenhairsurprise wrote:
<quoted text>

I miss Isabellie, but I'm glad you're here :)
Thanks, I miss her also.

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#13 Jun 22, 2016
Another Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>

I skimmed through the Theory thread and didn't stop to read certain posts. I am sure you know which ones. It looks as if Pike Local and possibly Poison Ivy have left. I also miss reading Real Ozarks posts. I don't know if they are still interested or just trying to stay out of the craziness.
Suddenly I feel appreciated.:) I post when I think I have something to add. And I had four very busy weeks when I'd just check in to see if anything new was up.

Did you miss my comments on DB and AH and the long delay in indicting, much less trying them? How about AH's connections to Cali drug networks?

I checked in on BR a few times too. I'm wondering why he has had zero Fb posts since a day after he went off house arrest. Did he change his privacy settings? get arrested again?

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#14 Jun 22, 2016
TheRealOzark wrote:
<quoted text>

Suddenly I feel appreciated.:) I post when I think I have something to add. And I had four very busy weeks when I'd just check in to see if anything new was up.

Did you miss my comments on DB and AH and the long delay in indicting, much less trying them? How about AH's connections to Cali drug networks?

I checked in on BR a few times too. I'm wondering why he has had zero Fb posts since a day after he went off house arrest. Did he change his privacy settings? get arrested again?
I did not see your posts about DB or AH. I will have to search for them. Rumor has it that BR changed his privacy settings on FB.

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#15 Jun 23, 2016
Hi, all. Just checking in. Scioto, I think this hidden thread is a great idea, although I feel a bit confused about where you are going with this. There are now multiple Rock River forums for those of us seeking sane discussion of the Pike County murders. Should I just ignore the others and post here now?

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#16 Jun 23, 2016
Goldenhairsurprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, no surprise at all, what with the nonstop drama and troll action. IMO, though, some must enjoy it because they keep feeding the trolls.

So, what was your take on the interview ? I watched it twice and want to believe the authorities have some confidence in where they are headed. But, who knows?

The family member broke my heart talking about the teenage boy killed. Just damn. And already, the wackadoodles are trying to identify her. What could they possibly gain from that knowledge?

I was sorry to see pike leave. No drama from that one. No "oh, dare I tell my big inside scoop, it's so scary here" BS.

Did you see the old thread today? Some drooling over comments on the news channel that aired the interviews. Something about "everyone" hated the victims. Everyone who had contact with them. I'm thinking that would be a damned lot of people, lol. Then, the same hater made a derogatory comment in regard to the blue run victims, also. Hello, can we say idiotic hater who's just stirring the poop?

People amaze me.
I watched the interview/story on tv @ 6:00 before it was available online. I felt pretty good about the optimism of DeWine and Reader. Immediately after that aired, there was a comment on one of the threads:
REDACTED wrote:
They have a suspect!
Obviously, that caused quite a stir among those who were unable to see the interview.

I did wonder if I should be skeptical that they are making progress or just painting a pretty picture for the public. I've decided that's unlikely since Reader is up for election in November, and a lot of folks believe DeWine has higher aspirations. It wouldn't be good to be seen as pandering.

So, I remain optimistic that there will be justice.

“Waiting for Justice”

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#17 Jun 23, 2016
I've been thinking for some time about how to explain these threads.

About three weeks after the murders many people began discussing the need for a more private place for discussion. Many of us became registered users during that time. Facebook was one of the options, but that would exclude many. I decided to look for a remote Topix forum with little activity. That is how I discovered Rock River, Wyoming with 10 total comments in 4 years.

Not being very familiar with Topix, I decided to start a new thread in Rock River. My first attempt was a miserable failure in that I had actually created a user forum named "I Love Beans and Cornbread". After my embarrassment subsided, and a little research on forums/threads, I successfully created a Rock River thread "I Love Beans and Cornbread".

In the meantime, many users (especially ones who were following along in the background) expressed their concerns about being left out of the discussion. To my knowledge there was never a Facebook group created and very few people were told about Rock River. Over time a few more users were invited on a trip to Wyoming.

I had noticed the little castle button next to my flag, but had no idea what it was until about a week ago when a user pointed out that I and Daisy1216 were forum owners. I didn't wish to explain how I happened to become a forum owner so I remained quiet. In hindsight that was probably a mistake as that little castle led to me being in the crosshairs of some of the zerohedge folks.

As a result of being accused of manipulating emojis, deleting some posts, not deleting others (i.e. Mr. Smiley) I decided to remove myself from further discussion on those threads. Additional people were invited to Rock River and one expressed concern about being invaded by trolls, haters, etc. so I began investigating hidden threads and here we are.

I plan to do most of my posting on this thread, but I will follow along with the others. At this point I have invited only a few here to provide feedback. I invite each of you to use your own judgement and recommend this thread to users who you feel can contribute.

Thanks to all of you and I apologize for the above novel. I usually subscribe to LufTx's plea for brevity.

Since: Jun 16

Location hidden

#18 Jun 23, 2016
Thank you for this invite... And place for collaboration in a far away land. To those you have trusted to bring here :

We may want to revisit ROR
The car (things I had noted before that are gone)
And believe it or not Federici
There are many connections to a lot of people in the same circles

https://imgur.com/a/qzN8T
https://imgur.com/a/84NZ9

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2016
Another Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>

This is a great idea! I have a few theories myself but have been reluctant to share them publicly. Personally, I do not feel that BJM or DS are actively involved. However, I do feel the family members know more than they are telling and I do not blame them at all.
Personally I don't believe either are actively involved either and I do believe that someone in the family knows more than they are saying as well. Not sure if it's because of fear that something will happen to them for knowing who or why. Dewine said early on that family would be the ones to solve this and I agree. Most of my theories are some of the same that have been discussed already on other threads, with the exception of the so far fetched they're unbelievable. I don't however feel it had anything to do with drugs directly.

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#20 Jun 23, 2016
TheRealOzark wrote:
<quoted text>

Suddenly I feel appreciated.:) I post when I think I have something to add. And I had four very busy weeks when I'd just check in to see if anything new was up.

Did you miss my comments on DB and AH and the long delay in indicting, much less trying them? How about AH's connections to Cali drug networks?

I checked in on BR a few times too. I'm wondering why he has had zero Fb posts since a day after he went off house arrest. Did he change his privacy settings? get arrested again?
BR made his Facebook private, someone made a fake Facebook page using his pictures, they did the same to HR this morning, but are refusing to answer messages via Facebook. BR has not been arrested nor was he ever, it was house arrest only for a personal matter having nothing to do with this case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 194
Next Last

I Love Beans and Cornbread Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome (Jun '16) Nov '17 WildLifeLover 41
Rhoden Property (Jul '17) Jul '17 Scioto 4
Test (Jun '16) Feb '17 Scioto 20

Forum Rules

Please, be considerate to others.

I Love Beans and Cornbread Jobs

Personal Finance

I Love Beans and Cornbread Mortgages