Cedar Grove police raid

Cedar Grove police raid

Posted in the Marion Forum

Concerned Populous

United States

#1 Monday Apr 16
What happened on cedar Grove road in Marion on Saturday night
Jcpd5

Marion, IL

#2 Monday Apr 16
A chase from JC ...they 22didn't pull over
Watchedit

United States

#3 Monday Apr 16
Jcpd5 wrote:
A chase from JC ...they 22didn't pull over
Nope. Stolen vehicle in Marion that ran from the police. Up 37, west on Cedar Grove and drove down those peoples driveway and into their backyard. Buried the vehicle in those peoples backyard in the mud.
Concerned Populous

United States

#4 Tuesday
Watchedit wrote:
<quoted text>

Nope. Stolen vehicle in Marion that ran from the police. Up 37, west on Cedar Grove and drove down those peoples driveway and into their backyard. Buried the vehicle in those peoples backyard in the mud.
Thx for the info. Nice work
JC Press

West Frankfort, IL

#5 Tuesday
Jcpd5 wrote:
A chase from JC ...they 22didn't pull over
As usual JCPD5 you always have a head up your ass, either yours or someone else's.
Squeaky

United States

#6 Tuesday
We (wife and I) actually saw this one. We were stopped at Longstreet Road turning left onto 37 North. 6 police cars flying up 37. Why does it take 6 to pursue one car? We never even saw the car being chased. Later, after we got home, Facebook said a car had hit a pole.
buttkill

Marion, IL

#8 Tuesday
Squeaky wrote:
We (wife and I) actually saw this one. We were stopped at Longstreet Road turning left onto 37 North. 6 police cars flying up 37. Why does it take 6 to pursue one car? We never even saw the car being chased. Later, after we got home, Facebook said a car had hit a pole.
Your wife?! You mean a female is actually attracted to ur dork @ss?!
Squeaky

United States

#9 Wednesday
buttkill wrote:
<quoted text> Your wife?! You mean a female is actually attracted to ur dork @ss?!
Heck yeah, stoner! I have a career, kids, a very sexy wife- almost everything you won't have because of your bad habit! Amazing!
logic

Rome, GA

#10 Wednesday
Squeaky wrote:
We (wife and I) actually saw this one. We were stopped at Longstreet Road turning left onto 37 North. 6 police cars flying up 37. Why does it take 6 to pursue one car? We never even saw the car being chased. Later, after we got home, Facebook said a car had hit a pole.
they get 'points' on that non existent quota if they assist a fellow officer, or thats how it used to be. thats why you see multiple cars for a simple traffic ticket.
Squeaky

United States

#11 Wednesday
logic wrote:
<quoted text>

they get 'points' on that non existent quota if they assist a fellow officer, or thats how it used to be. thats why you see multiple cars for a simple traffic ticket.
I get that- but 6? How long was the chase (if that's what it was) for 6 police cars to become involved? It was very dark, raining, and these cars looked to be going in excess of 80mph up 37. Looked like a big joyride to me.

Btw, I totally support law enforcement, just question the tactics here. 2 or 3 of those patrol cars should have been called off.
logic

Rome, GA

#13 Wednesday
Squeaky wrote:
<quoted text>

I get that- but 6? How long was the chase (if that's what it was) for 6 police cars to become involved? It was very dark, raining, and these cars looked to be going in excess of 80mph up 37. Looked like a big joyride to me.

Btw, I totally support law enforcement, just question the tactics here. 2 or 3 of those patrol cars should have been called off.
You aren't wrong. But when their monthly bonus depends on them getting a certain number of points, i.e. quota...each car that assists gets points, so they all jump on the wagon. I think different scenarios might get them more points, so maybe a chase is worth more, but I am not certain on that.

What should be ideal is that police officers get the pay they earn through their hard work without any crap about a point system. Then I believe you would see a lot less of this type of wasted work.
UR ten ninety six

United States

#14 Wednesday
logic wrote:
<quoted text>

You aren't wrong. But when their monthly bonus depends on them getting a certain number of points, i.e. quota...each car that assists gets points, so they all jump on the wagon. I think different scenarios might get them more points, so maybe a chase is worth more, but I am not certain on that.

What should be ideal is that police officers get the pay they earn through their hard work without any crap about a point system. Then I believe you would see a lot less of this type of wasted work.
Every word of what you said is wrong. There is no such thing as a “point system”, or any activity bonus for any law enforcement agency in this area
Kathy

Herrin, IL

#15 Wednesday
Funny I have a police friend in Herrin that says there most certainly is a quota for each category.
logic

Rome, GA

#16 Wednesday
UR ten ninety six wrote:
<quoted text>

Every word of what you said is wrong. There is no such thing as a “point system”, or any activity bonus for any law enforcement agency in this area
as i said, not sure its still there, but that is definitely how it was when i lived there. i think youre a liar.
JC Press

West Frankfort, IL

#17 Wednesday
logic wrote:
<quoted text>
as i said, not sure its still there, but that is definitely how it was when i lived there. i think youre a liar.
I think it was and may still be that way for the state police.
Not aware that JC police have this incintitive policy or not. They have several part timers. Never heard chief Stark address it at council meeting and I can't find a line item in the city expenses. If they have it I'm sure it would not be hidden so I don't think JC has it. Will research JC more.
Anyway I have only known Logic to be wrong once and that was when he said I was wrong.
PS JUST BEING FUNNY Logic. Seriously he does know his shit .
Squeaky

United States

#18 Wednesday
JC Press wrote:
<quoted text>

I think it was and may still be that way for the state police.
Not aware that JC police have this incintitive policy or not. They have several part timers. Never heard chief Stark address it at council meeting and I can't find a line item in the city expenses. If they have it I'm sure it would not be hidden so I don't think JC has it. Will research JC more.
Anyway I have only known Logic to be wrong once and that was when he said I was wrong.
PS JUST BEING FUNNY Logic. Seriously he does know his shit .
To be clear, these were Marion police cars, not JC.
Still ninety six

Carterville, IL

#19 Wednesday
logic wrote:
<quoted text>
as i said, not sure its still there, but that is definitely how it was when i lived there. i think youre a liar.
You can think I’m a liar if you want, but I know you’re wrong on this issue. It makes me wonder what all else you’re wrong about
JC Press

West Frankfort, IL

#20 Wednesday
Squeaky wrote:
<quoted text>

To be clear, these were Marion police cars, not JC.
Well damn, JCPD5 never gets it right. Last time I will put and worth in his statements. His was the second post on this thread , any way sorry.
Squeaky

United States

#21 Wednesday
JC Press wrote:
<quoted text>

Well damn, JCPD5 never gets it right. Last time I will put and worth in his statements. His was the second post on this thread , any way sorry.
Ha, no biggie- just didn't want ya barking up the wrong (JC) tree, lol.
logic

Rome, GA

#22 Yesterday
Still ninety six wrote:
<quoted text>

You can think I’m a liar if you want, but I know you’re wrong on this issue. It makes me wonder what all else you’re wrong about
As JC said, maybe Johnston City police is different, and I may be wrong on that. I was thinking of state police, so apologies for calling you a liar about that one, if you meant JC instead. But I know for a fact state police had a point system, it was my fault for assuming the city police did as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kendra B 5 min JC Press 9
Gander Mountain 3 hr Buzzkill 28
cm 3 hr Kent 1
Marion Soccer 3 hr smh 3
Illinois "Star" Centre Mall 5 hr Newsbuster 30
timberline fisheries (Jun '14) 8 hr Squeaky 62
Jon Mcanelly lawsuit 18 hr WillieNillie 5

Marion Jobs

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages