Cable One ups Rates
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Feduptoo

Prescott Valley, AZ

#1 Friday Jan 12
So the old cable bill has gone over $200 a month now with the latest bill in the mail today. That includes internet but no phone. And no premium channels. My query to all is who is using an antenna? Indoor or outdoor? Starting to investigate other options. Yes I understand options on the internet, however am kind of interested in antenna's and anyone using them in the Independence area. Pro's and con's? Cost? Brands? Review's?
Pretty Woman

Fargo, ND

#2 Friday Jan 12
Going to Dish or Direct TV! This is the last straw with Cableone!
gunboat

Prescott Valley, AZ

#3 Saturday Jan 13
Pretty Woman wrote:
Going to Dish or Direct TV! This is the last straw with Cableone!
We went with Dish several years ago because Cable One was terrible and the great local service by Schabel's TV who also installs it. Great service, plus that's why we buy our TV's from him rather than some other place.
Viewer

United States

#4 Saturday Jan 13
gunboat wrote:
<quoted text>

We went with Dish several years ago because Cable One was terrible and the great local service by Schabel's TV who also installs it. Great service, plus that's why we buy our TV's from him rather than some other place.
I have cable. When I change channels, the screen goes black for 5 -30 seconds before the channel I'm changing to comes on. Someone said this was because Cable One's cable is outdated so it can't make the change faster. I don't want to pay more for service that's gotten worse so I'm thinking about changing to Direct or Dish. Do these have a big delay like this when changing channels?
Thanks for any help you can give.
just thinking

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Saturday Jan 13
Viewer wrote:
<quoted text>

I have cable. When I change channels, the screen goes black for 5 -30 seconds before the channel I'm changing to comes on. Someone said this was because Cable One's cable is outdated so it can't make the change faster. I don't want to pay more for service that's gotten worse so I'm thinking about changing to Direct or Dish. Do these have a big delay like this when changing channels?
Thanks for any help you can give.
NO
DirectvUser

Olathe, KS

#6 Saturday Jan 13
You can bundle internet and Directv from AT&T if your in the city. Depending on programming i'm sure it would be less than $200 month. Or just keep internet and use over the top subscriptions like Sling, Hulu, Netflix, DirectvNow....
Viewer

United States

#7 Saturday Jan 13
just thinking wrote:
<quoted text>

NO
Thanks a million for the answer. I'm changing to Dish or Direct so I don't have a big blackout every time I change channels. While I'm at it, I'll get an antenna so I can get local news stations again.
Plus I won't have to take a whole day off work every time I need service because cable won't give a few hour time window when it'll be here. Good riddance you wallet-draining, worthless Cable One.
Feduptoo

Prescott Valley, AZ

#8 Saturday Jan 13
My original question pertains to any who might be using antenna's to bring in local stations for free. Are there any tv watchers out there who are using them? What are your results? Worth it or not? Not really interested in Dish or Direct. It's expensive too after the initial promotion period.
concerned

Cottonwood, AZ

#9 Saturday Jan 13
Feduptoo wrote:
My original question pertains to any who might be using antenna's to bring in local stations for free. Are there any tv watchers out there who are using them? What are your results? Worth it or not? Not really interested in Dish or Direct. It's expensive too after the initial promotion period.
I have an antenna. I really like it. It gives you the basic local channels which is all i want. Get one that is rated for 100 mile plus tho .
Viewer

United States

#10 Saturday Jan 13
Feduptoo wrote:
My original question pertains to any who might be using antenna's to bring in local stations for free. Are there any tv watchers out there who are using them? What are your results? Worth it or not? Not really interested in Dish or Direct. It's expensive too after the initial promotion period.
I'm paying Cable One a bundle for bad reception and service. If I have to pay Dish or Direct more for for good reception and service, I'll be glad to pay it. At least I won't feel like I'm getting scammed every day by cable.
Fed up

Overland Park, KS

#11 Saturday Jan 13
Just changed channels on cable. Took 45 seconds for the next channel to come up. Cable one’s the ultimate ripoff.
Cable None

Joplin, MO

#12 Saturday Jan 13
PlayStation VUE is a streaming service that replicates cable for less. The package we have is $45 per month and since we had the hardware there is no monthly rental fee for a dvr or cable box.

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#13 Saturday Jan 13
I have internet service thru Cox for $35/month, Netflix for $8/month, and the Chronicle for $32/yr. I have an internet TV so I get all the news I want online from CNN, Fox, the LJ World, and the tv stations in Wichita & sometimes Topeka. And many other newspapers & stations. I was never an avid tv watcher for news or anything else, and all of this fills the gap left by the decline of newspapers.
gtc

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Saturday Jan 13
Just use Netflix, Amazon & Hulu. Think I'll cancel Hulu though.
Feduptoo

Prescott Valley, AZ

#15 Sunday Jan 14
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>

I have an antenna. I really like it. It gives you the basic local channels which is all i want. Get one that is rated for 100 mile plus tho .
Thanks for the input. Is your's an indoor or outdoor?
agree with you

Chanute, KS

#16 Sunday Jan 14
Since our nearest networks stations are 50-80 miles away, you will definitely need an out door antenna, get the farthest range you can and put up at least a 20-30 ft. pole. Don't know if just putting it on your roof will get you over the trees. You can buy one from Winegard online for not much money. Check with Charles LuPardus at New Visions Creations. He puts them up for people. He can probably take a reading at your house to see what you will need.
concerned

Cottonwood, AZ

#17 Sunday Jan 14
Feduptoo wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the input. Is your's an indoor or outdoor?
Outdoor and on a tall mast. If you have 2 you can point one towards Joplin and one towards Tulsa
agree with you

Chanute, KS

#18 Sunday Jan 14
Or you can get a channel master rotator that turns the antenna. We use to have one until the wind blew it down twice and broke a chunk out of the housing on the rotator, so now we have it fixed.
DirectvUser

Olathe, KS

#21 Monday Jan 15
I can remember 40 yrs ago we had antenna 30 ft above our two story house with rotater. would point north to get KC stations late friday night for godzilla, and frankenstien. LOL.
Viewer

United States

#22 Monday Jan 15
Fed up wrote:
Just changed channels on cable. Took 45 seconds for the next channel to come up. Cable one’s the ultimate ripoff.
I have cable. When they went to all digital there was a blackout of about 5 seconds every time I changed channels. The blackout then went to about 30 seconds. Now the blackout is steady until I unplug all the cables to the digital box and plug them back in. Worse service for more money.

Time's come to ditch cable and go for Dish and an antenna. I'll have to pay more but at least I'll get what I'm paying for. I'll get local channels again. I've been missing them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commercials 37 min It stinks 4
Kansas Department of Labor December Report 52 min this aint tulsa 21
New Houses from Independence Housing Authority. 5 hr Republican 42
Where is city's 2016 audit report? 6 hr so true 18
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 10 hr Fed up 206
Tony Royse's Letter to the Editor 10 hr True that 3
Tyson Plant Sun ghost town coming 23
Townsman Sun Make Indy Great A... 33

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages