Quote Of The Week
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#388 Feb 16, 2018
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

---------- Ronald Reagan

Since: Jul 08

Florissant

#389 Feb 16, 2018
Enter Username wrote:
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

---------- Ronald Reagan
I fear we've already gone past the tipping point. There are a lot of freedoms I had growing up that today's kids don't have. The freedom to safely go to school. The freedom to be educated by unbiased teachers. The freedom to leave your house unlocked, or your car unlocked, or not worry about being carjacked. The freedom to go out by yourself on Halloween. The freedom to come out of a night club or bowling alley after midnight without worry. Those are just a few.
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#390 Feb 19, 2018
"If we make GUNS illegal, then nobody will get shoot anymore.
That's how we stopped everybody from doing DRUGS."

---------- The Internet
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#391 Feb 21, 2018
“Myth is much more important and true than history. History is just journalism and you know how reliable that is.”

---------- Joseph Campbell
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#392 Mar 2, 2018
"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."

---------- Rev. Billy Graham
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#393 Mar 10, 2018
"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."

---------- Mark Twain
Enter Username

Chesterfield, MO

#394 Mar 16, 2018
" Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

---------- Harry S. Truman

Since: Jul 08

Florissant

#395 Mar 16, 2018
Enter Username wrote:
" Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

---------- Harry S. Truman
For any of you who enjoy playing trivia games, a tricky question is what is Harry Truman's middle name.
CSM1

Saint Charles, MO

#396 Mar 16, 2018
Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>

For any of you who enjoy playing trivia games, a tricky question is what is Harry Truman's middle name.
Simply "S"
Enter Username

Chesterfield, MO

#397 Mar 23, 2018
"When America is united, America is totally unstoppable."

---------- Pres. Donald Trump

Since: Jul 08

Florissant

#398 Mar 23, 2018
Enter Username wrote:
"When America is united, America is totally unstoppable."

---------- Pres. Donald Trump
Unfortunately, he was certainly united with both parties when he signed the budget bill.
Enter Username

Chesterfield, MO

#399 Mar 23, 2018
I think you forgot to add the word "ESTABLISHMENT".

noun us &#8203; /&#618;&#712;stæb·l &#618;&#643;·m&#60 1;nt/
establishment noun (POWERFUL PEOPLE)
&#8203;

[ C ] the people who have most of the power within government or society or in a particular business or activity:
the diplomatic/educational/literar y establishment
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#400 Mar 30, 2018
"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it, Go out and get busy."

---------- Dale Carnegie
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#401 Apr 6, 2018
"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in it's abuses."

---------- Andrew Jackson
jtkluempers

Henderson, NV

#402 Apr 6, 2018
"The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass everyday!"

Jim "Catfish" Hunter
jtkluempers

Henderson, NV

#403 Apr 6, 2018
Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>

I fear we've already gone past the tipping point. There are a lot of freedoms I had growing up that today's kids don't have. The freedom to safely go to school. The freedom to be educated by unbiased teachers. The freedom to leave your house unlocked, or your car unlocked, or not worry about being carjacked. The freedom to go out by yourself on Halloween. The freedom to come out of a night club or bowling alley after midnight without worry. Those are just a few.
This is due to the changing of social mores.

I'll bet you're around my age, Marcus. You ever remember anyone bringing a GUN to school?

You remember when stealing was WRONG?

You ever hear of child molestation until you were an adult?

When did all these things become "OK"?

The minute that the The Golden Rule went bye-bye. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

It's the one Commandment of MY religion.

Once that philosophy went away, we started right down Crap Mountain.

Why do kids in the inner city look up to drug dealers, who murder their own kind in droves? My God, an entire genre of "music" has grown around this adulation.

The Golden Rule went straight out the window.
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#404 Apr 13, 2018
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of Victory."

---------- George S. Patton

Since: Jul 08

Florissant

#405 Apr 14, 2018
"A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth."
-- Joseph Goebbels
CSM1

Saint Charles, MO

#406 Apr 14, 2018
jtkluempers wrote:
<quoted text>

This is due to the changing of social mores.

I'll bet you're around my age, Marcus. You ever remember anyone bringing a GUN to school?

You remember when stealing was WRONG?

You ever hear of child molestation until you were an adult?

When did all these things become "OK"?

The minute that the The Golden Rule went bye-bye. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

It's the one Commandment of MY religion.

Once that philosophy went away, we started right down Crap Mountain.

Why do kids in the inner city look up to drug dealers, who murder their own kind in droves? My God, an entire genre of "music" has grown around this adulation.

The Golden Rule went straight out the window.
One who lives well, lives unnoticed.(Ovid)
Enter Username

Saint Louis, MO

#407 Apr 22, 2018
"No man who is corrupt, no man who condones corruption in others, can possibly do his duty by the community."

---------- Theodore Roosevelt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferg-Flor. school district 42 min Ms Danielle 30
Dumb American Youth (Oct '16) 2 hr jtkluempers 104
"Space Force" 2 hr jtkluempers 34
Democrats in Chaos (Nov '16) 7 hr Enter Username 418
President Trump 2020 18 hr Enter Username 238
Suggestions on Song of the Week 18 hr Enter Username 243
old sears hardware store 23 hr Dellwood boy 12

Florissant Jobs

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages