Billy

Pulaski, VA

#1 Wednesday Jul 11
Where did GHS Principal go? Rod Gillespie new GHS principal.
Curious

United States

#2 Thursday Jul 12
Rumor months ago was she was demoted to teach at another Tazewell county school. Do you know if the assistant principal is still there or where Gillespie came from?
bluefield va

Fishersville, VA

#3 Thursday Jul 12
Mr. Gillespie is a great man and perfect for this job. He used to be the principal at Springville. Grew up with his son and this man is nothing short of a class act. TCPS and Graham hit a home run with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th with this hire. Congrats Ron!
Billy

Pulaski, VA

#4 Thursday Jul 12
Curious wrote:
Rumor months ago was she was demoted to teach at another Tazewell county school. Do you know if the assistant principal is still there or where Gillespie came from?
Just read on Facebook from a school board employee that she will be principal at TCCTC. It is obvious they want it to close now.
Billy

Pulaski, VA

#5 Friday Jul 13
Curious wrote:
Rumor months ago was she was demoted to teach at another Tazewell county school. Do you know if the assistant principal is still there or where Gillespie came from?
The timing on this and the massive football donation is too close. Could her transfer be linked to the Donation?
Does the Donation set the school and county up forTitle 9 laws suits?
Phillip G

United States

#6 Friday Jul 13
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>

The timing on this and the massive football donation is too close. Could her transfer be linked to the Donation?
Does the Donation set the school and county up forTitle 9 laws suits?
This is the most riduculous conspiracy theory I have ever heard. Several Principals were re assigned to other schools due to the closure of 2 schools. You folks watch too many dramas on tv. What in the hell would a donation have to do with any of this. Re dam diculous.
Law

United States

#7 Friday Jul 13
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>

The timing on this and the massive football donation is too close. Could her transfer be linked to the Donation?
Does the Donation set the school and county up forTitle 9 laws suits?
The Javits Amendment to Title IX states that legitimate and justifiable discrepancies for nongender related differences in sports can be taken into account (i.e., the differing costs of equipment or event management expenditures).

The actual amount of money spent on women's and men's programs may differ as long the quality of facilities and services for each program achieve parity. For example, equipment needed for men's football may cost more than equipment needed by women's volleyball. Title IX compliance is achieved as long as both receive the same quality of equipment.
Billy

Pulaski, VA

#8 Friday Jul 13
Law wrote:
<quoted text>

The Javits Amendment to Title IX states that legitimate and justifiable discrepancies for nongender related differences in sports can be taken into account (i.e., the differing costs of equipment or event management expenditures).

The actual amount of money spent on women's and men's programs may differ as long the quality of facilities and services for each program achieve parity. For example, equipment needed for men's football may cost more than equipment needed by women's volleyball. Title IX compliance is achieved as long as both receive the same quality of equipment.
Perfectly said. But do the other outdoor sports, male and female, enjoy the same luxury of competitive fields as football does?
She looks over drug use

United States

#9 Friday Jul 13
Could complaints from parents have anything to do with it? Because I'm aware of MANY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terri g spot 1 hr Pitbull 2
Deerfield Subdivision (Mar '11) 8 hr brierwood proud 93
Basketball coach Tue say what 8
Eric David nunley Tue friend 2
Looking for a guy name keith Jul 15 Kayla 5
Dollar General hurting small business Jul 14 Tired of BS 13
magic mart (Oct '09) Jul 13 Ed Torian 34

Bluefield Jobs

Personal Finance

Bluefield Mortgages