First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Badd

Morehead, KY

#1 Monday Apr 16
Why is it the BA zombies will not now nor ever discuss their politics ? Why will they not address well documented questions ?

I personally am sick and tired of every conversation on here being turned on someone else.
Hutt

Morehead, KY

#2 Monday Apr 16
Badd wrote:
Why is it the BA zombies will not now nor ever discuss their politics ? Why will they not address well documented questions ?

I personally am sick and tired of every conversation on here being turned on someone else.
Welcome to Ashland,$250,000 in lost tires, city writing bad checks, ACLU shuts city social media down, City sues private citizen......

Anybody know the truth to any of these situations?

Did Robert Batchelor do it all ?
Strange

United States

#3 Monday Apr 16
Badd wrote:
Why is it the BA zombies will not now nor ever discuss their politics ? Why will they not address well documented questions ?

I personally am sick and tired of every conversation on here being turned on someone else.
Iím not personally affiliated with BA but have friends who are. I can say from personal knowledge that the active members donít all share the same political opinions. So who should speak for the group on political questions? They donít do do at al because there is no one single and united position. What questions must they answer, in your opinion?
Mnn

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Monday Apr 16
Strange wrote:
<quoted text>

Iím not personally affiliated with BA but have friends who are. I can say from personal knowledge that the active members donít all share the same political opinions. So who should speak for the group on political questions? They donít do do at al because there is no one single and united position. What questions must they answer, in your opinion?
Follow almost any thread on this forum and you will see when Josh, Brian or Chris intervene and redirect the conversation to something else.
Lpo

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Monday Apr 16
Mnn wrote:
<quoted text>

Follow almost any thread on this forum and you will see when Josh, Brian or Chris intervene and redirect the conversation to something else.
By watching Josh on other sites, he is greatly impressed with himself. He creates arguments to distract the other candidates from their focus just as on this forum.
PAC Man

Huntington, WV

#6 Monday Apr 16
A simple trip to Facebook and a view of Amanda's posting of her political presentation to the Democratic women will tend to support the fact that leadership of BA is pushing certain candidates.

There were 9 "likes" shown and they were Wes, David, Josh, etc etc. The entirety of the organization may not agree on candidates but they are all equally being used by leadership to push certain peoples candidacy.

Change the leadership and change the perception. It really is that simple. Google BA photos and up pops Amanda, Chris, and Marty. Chris is on the board. No candidate leaning there!

Please shut up and fix the problem. We all know the actuality and repeated "uh uh's" won't fix the problem.
Political bedfellows

United States

#7 Monday Apr 16
PAC Man wrote:
A simple trip to Facebook and a view of Amanda's posting of her political presentation to the Democratic women will tend to support the fact that leadership of BA is pushing certain candidates.

There were 9 "likes" shown and they were Wes, David, Josh, etc etc. The entirety of the organization may not agree on candidates but they are all equally being used by leadership to push certain peoples candidacy.

Change the leadership and change the perception. It really is that simple. Google BA photos and up pops Amanda, Chris, and Marty. Chris is on the board. No candidate leaning there!

Please shut up and fix the problem. We all know the actuality and repeated "uh uh's" won't fix the problem.
The fact that she has no problem skipping the job to which she was elected, but manages to go to to Elks that night to make her case for re-election is certainly an interesting way to conduct a campaign.
To her supporters, there were enough Alliance people to cover the bourbon tasting in Orlando, Amanda could have gone home to the meeting.
Bananas

Ashland, KY

#8 Monday Apr 16
Political bedfellows wrote:
<quoted text>

The fact that she has no problem skipping the job to which she was elected, but manages to go to to Elks that night to make her case for re-election is certainly an interesting way to conduct a campaign.
To her supporters, there were enough Alliance people to cover the bourbon tasting in Orlando, Amanda could have gone home to the meeting.
Or maybe, the flight schedule couldn't get her there in time... just maybe. It's far more sinister to suggest she just skipped it. Carry on
you people

Ashland, KY

#9 Monday Apr 16
PAC Man wrote:
A simple trip to Facebook and a view of Amanda's posting of her political presentation to the Democratic women will tend to support the fact that leadership of BA is pushing certain candidates.

There were 9 "likes" shown and they were Wes, David, Josh, etc etc. The entirety of the organization may not agree on candidates but they are all equally being used by leadership to push certain peoples candidacy.

Change the leadership and change the perception. It really is that simple. Google BA photos and up pops Amanda, Chris, and Marty. Chris is on the board. No candidate leaning there!

Please shut up and fix the problem. We all know the actuality and repeated "uh uh's" won't fix the problem.
I just watched her speech--thanks for the suggestion. She's got my vote. There were plenty more than 9 likes. I volunteer for Build Ashland and the reason you see photos of Amanda and Marty (and many others) there is because they work with Build Ashland! They've been there from the beginning. And, just so you know, Chris is not a political candidate, so...not sure how he fits in the Build Ashland "leaning politically", just by him being on the board. I can't wait to see how many candidates show up for Saturday's event! We should be able to get a lot of work done.
Political beef

United States

#10 Monday Apr 16
Bananas wrote:
<quoted text>

Or maybe, the flight schedule couldn't get her there in time... just maybe. It's far more sinister to suggest she just skipped it. Carry on
She skipped by agreeing to go to Orlando. You say, I canít go on this junket, I have a commission meeting. Itís hard to believe that her pouring the bourbon was going to be the deal maker for aerospace coming to eastern KY. She also chose to go to the beach and vote by TV in the budget. If she doesnít have time for the commission, donít run. I am sure there will plenty of trips with Bevin to help our economy.
Jedi Master

Ironton, OH

#11 Monday Apr 16
I agree after watching the candidate forum speeches, I'll vote for her every time, she is by far the most qualified. As far as development goes she can miss as many meetings and pour as much bourbon as she wants as long as we continue to attract billion and multi million dollar companies to our area. Whatever she is doing it seems to be working. We couldn't just believe for one moment it was due to hard work, a high quality work product and professionalism, no that couldn't be it. Gosh she is horrible and by the way the only Commissioner with a full time job.
Lpo

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Monday Apr 16
Jedi Master wrote:
I agree after watching the candidate forum speeches, I'll vote for her every time, she is by far the most qualified. As far as development goes she can miss as many meetings and pour as much bourbon as she wants as long as we continue to attract billion and multi million dollar companies to our area. Whatever she is doing it seems to be working. We couldn't just believe for one moment it was due to hard work, a high quality work product and professionalism, no that couldn't be it. Gosh she is horrible and by the way the only Commissioner with a full time job.
Iím sorry, now Amanda is suddenly getting credit for the Braidy move ? What specific business has Amanda brought to Ashland ?
All Amanda

Ashland, KY

#13 Monday Apr 16
Amanda is responsible for our very existence in Ashland and she isn't even head of the Alliance.

What flavor kool aid are you drinking today"
Political beef

United States

#14 Monday Apr 16
Jedi Master wrote:
I agree after watching the candidate forum speeches, I'll vote for her every time, she is by far the most qualified. As far as development goes she can miss as many meetings and pour as much bourbon as she wants as long as we continue to attract billion and multi million dollar companies to our area. Whatever she is doing it seems to be working. We couldn't just believe for one moment it was due to hard work, a high quality work product and professionalism, no that couldn't be it. Gosh she is horrible and by the way the only Commissioner with a full time job.
I will be honest: I do think she should have gone to the meeting, she wouldnít have gotten the job at the Alliance, what is it ďVP of operationsĒ, if she stayed a mere librarian. I assume she is to lobby for the Alliance as commissioner, not bartend at the beach. She went to DC to lobby for jobs and only came back with one: hers. A job never posted to my knowledge. Putting that aside, my contacts have been pleasant with her. The dealbreaker is her cozy relationship with Chris Pullem. All the bourbon in the world canít wash that away. I will not vote for her. Sheís Bevinís gal too, that wonít help these days.
Supporter

Ironton, OH

#15 Monday Apr 16
Voting for Amanda! Keep up the good work gal!
Second that

Ironton, OH

#16 Monday Apr 16
I'm voting for Amanda too
Stormy Clark

Ashland, KY

#17 Monday Apr 16
I am not voting for Amanda too!
Huyt

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Monday Apr 16
Neither am I, no to ALL CLARKS
Freddy F Franklin

Greenup, KY

#19 Monday
Jedi Master wrote:
I agree after watching the candidate forum speeches, I'll vote for her every time, she is by far the most qualified. As far as development goes she can miss as many meetings and pour as much bourbon as she wants as long as we continue to attract billion and multi million dollar companies to our area. Whatever she is doing it seems to be working. We couldn't just believe for one moment it was due to hard work, a high quality work product and professionalism, no that couldn't be it. Gosh she is horrible and by the way the only Commissioner with a full time job.
That sign out on the Industrial Parkway is worth millions?
Fawn

United States

#20 Monday
Itís ironic that Amanda is the only elected female on the BOC since she is the only one with balls. She consistently makes tough decisions and doesnít worry about appeasing everyone like other commissioners that just want to be liked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland City Government Discussion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tif 101 4 min poor folks 7
Fat Patty's Leaving Ashland? 5 hr Grandma Emma 9
Outta Ashland 22 hr Taxpayer Time 20
Specific Questions Wed Yes 1
Hotel Money Wed peons and peasants 9
Robert Batchelor and Donald Trump Tue Strange 8
Fairness Tue Justa Local Guy 5

Forum Rules

Please try to provide your opinion in a way that is helpful, insightful, or useful.
Elected officials are open to criticism by nature of the job but please try to limit discussion within their role as public officials and avoid personal attacks.

Please limit topics to those involving Ashland Kentucky city government and avoid national issues.

Topix TOS rules:
Don't spam
Don't post personal information
No child pornography or sexually explicit content
Avoid personal attacks. Keep discussions civil.

Ashland City Government Discussion Jobs

Personal Finance

Ashland City Government Discussion Mortgages