FCC votes along party lines to end 'n...

FCC votes along party lines to end 'net neutrality'

There are 70 comments on the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner story from Dec 15, 2017, titled FCC votes along party lines to end 'net neutrality'. In it, Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports that:

The Federal Communications Commission repealed the Obama-era "net neutrality" rules Thursday, giving internet service providers like Verizon, Comcast and AT&T a free hand to slow or block websites and apps as they see fit or charge more for faster speeds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#64 Dec 19, 2017
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>

After reading all the posts on this thread, those favoring the so called net neutrality rules have only offered open-ended questions about internet service, but none have provided any actual, verifiable abuse.

The question they don't answer is, did the internet work before 2015?

Yup.

So going back to those 'ancient' days will change what today?

<crickets chirping of alleged future abuse>

And I expect a whole lotta, "You don't understand net neutrality...." retorts. As if they do.
Perhaps you should try to understand why the regs were added in 2015. Large internet corporations were throttling their services to their advantage.

Also the frequencies must be regulated by the government. No matter how much "capitalists" deplore regulations, if there were none chaos would rule the frequencies. Anyone could disrupt or interfere with broadcasts. No frequencies would be set aside for military or private citizens use. Regulations are part of government control. Yes, control. That is what governments are for. If not chaos would reign.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#65 Dec 19, 2017
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>

After reading all the posts on this thread, those favoring the so called net neutrality rules have only offered open-ended questions about internet service, but none have provided any actual, verifiable abuse.

The question they don't answer is, did the internet work before 2015?

Yup.

So going back to those 'ancient' days will change what today?

<crickets chirping of alleged future abuse>

And I expect a whole lotta, "You don't understand net neutrality...." retorts. As if they do.
ROTFLMMFAO!!!

You’re right, pumpkin.

The whole issue is just far too big and complicated for any one of us mere citizens to wrap their head around, so why even try?

Best let the big telecom companies sort it out and we’ll just live with their unbiased customer oriented pricing schemes.....

COMCAST TO PAY $2.3 MILLION AFTER SUBSCRIBERS COMPLAIN OF BILLING FOR SERVICES & EQUIPMENT THEY NEVER ORDERED
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#66 Dec 20, 2017
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

You’re the absolute poster child for the “conservatives” on this forum who are utterly bereft of the concepts that make capitalism function.

Too funny.
I do understand Capitalism.
Under Capitalism if some one give you lousy internet service you complain, then cancel your service and check out the other 9 internet providers and find the one who will provide you a service.
Under Socialism there only one provider and if you complain about "free " internet service provide by the government you are labeled a Racist Fascist and told to suck it up.
As I pointed out there are over 50 cities providing their resident with free wifi. You progressive should be able to point out at least one as a shining example of free internet service.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#67 Dec 21, 2017
californio wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand Capitalism.
Under Capitalism if some one give you lousy internet service you complain, then cancel your service and check out the other 9 internet providers and find the one who will provide you a service.
Under Socialism there only one provider and if you complain about "free " internet service provide by the government you are labeled a Racist Fascist and told to suck it up.
As I pointed out there are over 50 cities providing their resident with free wifi. You progressive should be able to point out at least one as a shining example of free internet service.
Like complaining about 1000% increase in necessary prescriptions by big pharma?
Retribution

Philadelphia, PA

#68 Dec 21, 2017
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>

After reading all the posts on this thread, those favoring the so called net neutrality rules have only offered open-ended questions about internet service, but none have provided any actual, verifiable abuse.

The question they don't answer is, did the internet work before 2015?

Yup.

So going back to those 'ancient' days will change what today?

<crickets chirping of alleged future abuse>

And I expect a whole lotta, "You don't understand net neutrality...." retorts. As if they do.
Mindless rambling.....

Still you have nothing to contribute to the discussion on the consumer benefits of removing Net Neutrality policies

"And I expect a whole lotta, "You don't understand net neutrality...." retorts "

It's quite evident you DON'T

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#70 Dec 21, 2017
Might mention one of the things that killed Dial up modems was Government regulators limited dial up modems to 53 k/s to protect the public(To protect the public from what I have no clue) even after 56.6 modems came out.
But then cable companies found out the internet could be carried on their lines at much higher speeds then dial up was allowed and where totally unregulated by the government and the rest is history. Had government regulators acted faster they could have again protected the public and limited cable speed to 53k/s

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#71 Dec 21, 2017
californio wrote:
Might mention one of the things that killed Dial up modems was Government regulators limited dial up modems to 53 k/s to protect the public(To protect the public from what I have no clue) even after 56.6 modems came out.
But then cable companies found out the internet could be carried on their lines at much higher speeds then dial up was allowed and where totally unregulated by the government and the rest is history. Had government regulators acted faster they could have again protected the public and limited cable speed to 53k/s
The old analog POTS lines could not handle more than about 56k without interference. Many could not even handle that and the old SLC 96 multiplexers could only handle about half that. DSL technology opened up digital communications and it went from there. How do I know this? I worked in the telecom industry. The FCC was simply making sure of the integrity of the phone lines. Again folks who have no inkling of technology and science use such bogus crap for political purposes.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#72 Dec 23, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Mindless rambling.....
yup... that's why I scroll past most your posts.

Occasionally, you say something worth a reply, but most times it's just bullshyt.

Quit wasting bandwidth.
Retribution

Philadelphia, PA

#73 Dec 23, 2017
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>

yup... that's why I scroll past most your posts.

Occasionally, you say something worth a reply, but most times it's just bullshyt.

Quit wasting bandwidth.
Still, you and a bull poop monologue and nothing on Net Neutrality......

Since: Nov 17

Seattle, WA

#74 Dec 27, 2017
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>The only plus side I see coming from this, is maybe that the large game players will slow down real fake news sites like Alex Jones.
You mean cbs nbc abc cnn fox CNBC MSNBC is fake news even your local stations are fake news infowars gives you tomorrow's news today with 100% accuracy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Telecom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Delete the Configuration Information fro... Mon ZARA 1
News Power outages, major collision in southern Onta... Apr 4 Then it melts and... 1
News Floating Heritage Tour Celebrates Glass and the... Mar 25 William Sweitzer 1
News Time Warner, Sinclair reach deal | The Columbus... (Jan '11) Mar '18 C Kersey 13
News Hundreds oppose planned cell tower (Jul '12) Mar '18 where is Bell Fibe 9
News Telus expands business Jan '18 John Watson 1
News Harris (HRS) Cut to Hold at Zacks Investment Re... Jan '18 OH no 1